Stanley E. Lea, "Untitled"
“Untitled”, a mixed media and oil on canvas is a fine example of Stanley E. Lea’s (b. 1930) pairing ...
more“Untitled”, a mixed media and oil on canvas is a fine example of Stanley E. Lea’s (b. 1930) pairing of painting and collage. Framed in a custom silver-finished floating frame to accent the piece.
Born in Joplin, Missouri, Lea studied painting at Kansas State College of Pittsburg, studying under notable American artists Eugene Larkin and Eliot O’Hara. Following this, he earned a master’s degree in printmaking at the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville. In 1961 he moved to Texas and began teaching at Sam Houston State University in Huntsville, Texas where he started the department’s printmaking program. In a career spanning more than three decades, Lea has received numerous accolades for his work, which has been displayed in galleries all over the world from Huntsville to the Louvre in Paris. His works can be found in museums across the United States, including the Smithsonian, De Young Fine Arts Museum of San Francisco, Kalamazoo Institute of Arts, Minneapolis Institute of Arts, and Utah Museum of Fine Arts.
In addition to his painting and collage work, Lea is best known for his pioneering experimental print making techniques related to viscosity printing, which combine elements of collage, painting, and an embossing technique known as "callagraph.” He first began experimenting with this method in 1965, using an ink viscosity process and techniques employed in relief, lithograph, and intaglio printing. As seen in Lea’s experimental prints of the 1960s and 1970s, the effects of this technique create complex and colorful compositions with highly textured surfaces and varying tonal effects. Thus, the process results in unique prints ideal for a small edition. less
- 48ʺW × 1ʺD × 48ʺH
- Late 20th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
Wear consistent with age and use. Good
Wear consistent with age and use. less
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Oil Paint
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 3-6 weeks.
67570 does not qualify.
The Troy Osborne - Mid-Century Modern Furniture in Houston, TX
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Oil Paintings
- Portrait Paintings
- Horse Paintings
- Nude Paintings
- Paintings in Houston
- Landscape Paintings
- Miniature Paintings
- Sunflower Paintings
- Cat Paintings
- Flower Paintings
- Black and White Paintings
- Surrealist Paintings
- Still Life Paintings
- Venice Oil Paintings
- Modern Paintings
- Famous Paintings
- Sunset Paintings
- Forest Paintings
- Greek Paintings
- Cherry Blossom Paintings
- Classic Paintings
- Dot Paintings
- 3D Paintings
- Red Paintings
- Beach Paintings
- Moon Paintings
- Airbrush Paintings
- Color Field Paintings
- Face Paintings
- Genre Paintings
- House Paintings
- Rock Paintings
- Watercolor Paintings
- Action Paintings
- Car Paintings
- Dog Paintings
- Fruit Oil Paintings
- Tree Paintings
- Venus Paintings
- Canvas Paintings
- Galaxy Paintings
- Oil Paint Paintings
- Still Life Oil Paintings
- Textile Paintings
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.