HOW TO PICK THE RIGHT VINTAGE LAMP SHADE
With the right lighting, a room can assume a multitude of different auras, from classy to eccentric, to anything in between. Even the most sophisticated decor can look drab with inadequate (or in some cases, too much) light. Thankfully, sourcing the right lampshade can make easy work of procuring the right amount of light for your interiors. . If finding vintage and antique lamp shades for table lamps sounds like a Sisyphean task, not to worry. We’ve got you covered—Chairish to the rescue! Here are three topping tips to help you pick the right lamp shades for your table lamps:
Size Matters: If you thought measuring for a lamp shade is more science than art, you wouldn’t be wrong. First, your lamp shade should be three-fourths the size of the lamp base. Second, your lamp shade’s circumference should be an inch wider than the lamp’s widest point. Another point that most decorators seem to agree on is that the lamp shade should also cover the lamp’s hardware unless you specifically are going for an industrial post-apocalyptic look. (We thought not.)
Stay In Shape: Ideally, your lamp shade should mimic the shape of the lamp you’re placing it on. A square shade for a square lamp, and so on. If you are looking for unique lamp shades, check out the pagoda style lamp shade. It’s classic, yet quirky. Of course, as with all things related to style, there’s no wrong way to do anything. We personally love the idea of a square shade on a candlestick lamp. Don’t be afraid to make a bold choice. We love a confident rule breaker!
It’s Not Immaterial: Knowing the purpose of the vintage lamp shade is crucial to picking the right shade material. Each material has a purpose and there are so many different material options to choose from. Choices, choices. Linen or fiber pleated lamp shades and glass lamp shades in a vibrant cobalt blue or funky pattern are some of our top favorites. Antique Victorian lamp shades or a rustic lamp shade in faux cowhide or paper give a sophisticated finish to any room. Parchment is great for clean, diffused light, whether it is for a writer’s desk or a well-lit evening room. Cotton is great for prints. Be it the ikat or the dip-dye, cotton lamp shade will showcase the print beautifully!
Questions & Answers
- What are some popular lamp shade brands?
- We have lamp shades from popular brands such as Bunny Williams Home, Fortuny, and Currey & Company.
- Do you carry white lamp shades?
- We have lamp shades in popular colors including white, blue, and green.
- What are the shipping options for lamp shades?
- Lamp shades can be shipped to you, and many can be picked up locally.
- Which brand has the largest assortment of lamp shades at Chairish?
- Bunny Williams Home is our most popular lamp shade brand, with 30+ items in stock.
- Does Chairish have lamp shades on sale?
- Yes! We have 310+ lamp shades on sale.
- Can I get free shipping on lamp shades from Chairish?
- Yes! Select lamp shades ship for free from Chairish.
- New & Custom Lamp Shades
- Holophane Lamp Shades
- Eggshell Lamp Shades
- Islamic Lamp Shades
- Steel Lamp Shades
- Raspberry Red Lamp Shades
- Wool Lamp Shades
- Alabaster Lamp Shades
- Slate Gray Lamp Shades
- Art Deco Lamp Shades
- Mid-Century Modern Lamp Shades
- Glass Lamp Shades
- Shabby Chic Lamp Shades
- Silk Lamp Shades
- Drum Lamp Shades
- Hollywood Regency Lamp Shades
- Asian Lamp Shades
- Clip On Lamp Shades
- Metal Lamp Shades
- French Country Lamp Shades
- Chinoiserie Lamp Shades
- Art Nouveau Lamp Shades
- Green Lamp Shades
- Italian Lamp Shades
- Boho Chic Lamp Shades