Looking to shake off the work from home blahs with a vintage office chair? If you’re on the hunt for a vintage desk chair that will wake up a home office, don’t hesitate to check out our collection here at Chairish. From antique office chair designs like banker’s chairs and tanker chairs to newly-made vintage reproductions from office heavyweights like Herman Miller, our collection of office chairs for sale goes far beyond the basics. Discover ergonomic masterpieces like Eames Aluminum Group chairs as well as Saarinen Executive Chairs and Knoll Pollock Chairs done up in stylish upholsteries and leathers that you won’t find anywhere else. With Chairish, searching for antique office chairs doesn’t have to be a full-time job. We make it easy to comparatively shop hundreds of vintage office chair designs all at once.
Yes, Stylish Office Chairs do Exist! Snap Them Up Here at Chairish
Unlike other online office furniture retailers, we don’t just focus on comfort here at Chairish—we also pay homage to high design. Explore our collection to discover ergonomic office chairs that also deliver big in the style department. Discover leather office chairs from Italian luxury brands like DeSede as well as well-known industrial office brands like Steelcase, Ward Bennet, and Hancock and Moore. For those who crave something even more unique, you can routinely find office chairs from big-name makers like Percival Lafer and Gio Ponti. Shop office chairs with unexpected, luxury-grade details like Lucite arms, exotic wood veneers, and colorful leather upholstery. Looking to furnish a home office with multiple desks and chairs? Use our sets filter to locate desk chairs being sold in pairs or sets of three or more. No matter what you have your heart set on, chances are you can find something to give your home office the style promotion that you’ve been dreaming of here at Chairish.
5 Vintage Office Chair Designs to Know
EERO SAARINEN'S SERIES 71 CHAIR
Introduced in 1950, the Saarinen Executive Armchair is notable for its swooping, bat-like shape and crescent back cut-out. Originally docked on stationary, antenna-like legs, this vintage office chair can now also be found with a swivel base. Regardless of which version you fall for, its pod-like shape cradles the body, ensuring that feeling overworked is a thing of the past.
MAX PEARSON EXECUTIVE CHAIR
Following Eero Saarinen, it was Max Pearson’s secretarial chair that assumed the role of the Planning Unit’s standard task chair, and in 1966 Pearson introduced his own version of the executive chair. Featuring a sculpted, womb-like shape, inset cushions, and a stainless swivel base, the chair can frequently be found upholstered in popsicle-right colors. Consider this one a plush, futuristic take on the boss’s chair.
CHARLES POLLOCK EXECUTIVE CHAIR
A curved, shell-like seat makes you the pearl in the oyster that is Charles Pollock’s Executive Chair. A molded seat offers up supreme comfort, while an upholstered lining provides a pop of color on the chair front. An aluminum rim and tufting on the upholstery are extra glamorous rifts that finish the look.
STEELCASE 430 CHAIR
While Steelcase has continued to innovate the office chair into the new millennium, it’s their original 430 Chair, introduced in 1974, that still captivates us most. Identifiable by the tagline “The chair that loves people,” the 430 was a precursor to the ergonomic chairs that dominate the market today. While the chair’s focus was comfort contouring, we can’t get over the bold colored upholstery they sport. Indeed, this chair is a literal manifestation of how 4:30 on a Friday feels.
EAMES SOFT PAD LOUNGER
In the 1950s, following the success of their molded chairs, Ray and Charles Eames were challenged to design outdoor seating. The result was the Aluminum Group series. While the chair from that series, the Aluminum Group Chair, features a long, languid caterpillar profile (complete with segmented upholstery), the Soft Pad Lounger comes off like its more-buttoned, polished-up cousin. With a slightly straighter sit and wider segments that appear to have been pumped full of air, these chairs absolutely exude comfort. And when it comes to the grind, who doesn’t want that?
Questions & Answers
- Do you carry black office chairs?
- We have office chairs in popular colors including black, brown, and blue.
- Which brand has the largest assortment of office chairs at Chairish?
- Herman Miller is our most popular office chair brand, with 150+ items in stock.
- Can I get free shipping on office chairs from Chairish?
- Yes! Select office chairs ship for free from Chairish.
- What are some popular office chair brands?
- We have office chairs from popular brands such as Herman Miller, Vitra, and Knoll.
- What are the shipping options for office chairs?
- Office chairs can be shipped to you, and many can be picked up locally.
- How many vintage office chairs does Chairish have in stock?
- We have 2,300+ vintage office chairs in stock.
- New & Custom Office Chairs
- Ettore Sottsass Office Chairs
- Olivetti Office Chairs
- Verner Panton Office Chairs
- Polished Chrome Finish Office Chairs
- Gastone Rinaldi Office Chairs
- Keilhauer Furniture Office Chairs
- Casa Cosima Living Office Chairs
- Richard Sapper Office Chairs
- Wicker Office Chairs
- Sky Blue Office Chairs
- Leathercraft Office Chairs
- George Nelson Office Chairs
- Early American Office Chairs
- Brutalist Office Chairs
- Molteni Office Chairs
- Emeco Office Chairs
- Nickel Office Chairs
- Walter Knoll Office Chairs
- Arne Vodder Office Chairs
- Dunbar Furniture Office Chairs
- Steelcase Office Chairs
- Herman Miller Office Chairs
- Charles Pollock Office Chairs
- Oak Office Chairs