- Room Accents & Accessories
- Wall Accents
- Vintage 1960s Moulin Rouge Poster by Rene Gruau
Vintage 1960s Moulin Rouge Poster by Rene Gruau
Vintage 1960s Moulin Rouge poster by artist, Rene Gruau.
About The Poster: Moulin Rouge is a cabaret in Paris, France ... more Vintage 1960s Moulin Rouge poster by artist, Rene Gruau.
About The Poster: Moulin Rouge is a cabaret in Paris, France best known as the spiritual birthplace of the modern form of the can-can dance. Originally introduced as a seductive dance by the courtesans who operated from the site, the can-can dance revue evolved into a form of entertainment of its own and led to the introduction of cabarets across Europe. Today, the Moulin Rouge is a tourist attraction, offering musical dance entertainment for visitors from around the world. The club's decor still contains much of the romance of fin de siècle France. Since 1963 and the success of the Frou-Frou revue, out of superstition Jacki Clérico chooses only revue titles that start with the letter F. Naturally, the famous French cancan is performed at every revue. (Wikipedia)
This image of Rene Gruau's was used for the cover of Jean-Luc Planche's book titled 'Moulin Rouge!' which delves into the history of the cabaret through archival photographs.
About the Artist: Rene Gruau (Italian) 1909-2004 - With his stunning, passionate, figures, his arresting use of color and dramatic, explosive element of line, Rene Gruau developed his distinctive “New Look” in the 1940s which greatly impacted haute couture, theatre, art, and commercial design. He worked for magazines like Harper's Bazaar and Vogue in the US, Femina, Marie Claire, L'Officiel, L'Album du Figaro and other well known publication in France as well as for internationally known organizations like the Moulin Rouge and Bemberg. With Rene Gruau's trademark use of his powerful minimal line, Gruau’s style combined seductive sophistication with classic beauty, grace and sensual elegance. The quality of the visual appeal of Gruau's glamorous and radiant “beautiful people” is at once bold and languid. Internationally Gruau’s artwork is celebrated internationally noted for its' exceptional and masterful line, and its' timeless, enduring style. Today Gruau’s works are collected and exhibited by the finest art institutions including the Louvre in Paris. (various sources) less
- 20.0ʺW × 0.1ʺD × 30.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- René Gruau
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $29
L'Affichiste in Stowe, VT
Karen Etingin opened her Montreal gallery, L'Affichiste, ten years ago after deciding to turn ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.