For those times when you crave a Mid-Century Modern chair that pays its respects to the classics, Drexel accent chairs are here for you. Founded in the early 20th century, Drexel truly came of age in the 1950s and 1960s with its classical approach to MCM design. With renowned designers like Kipp Stewart, Edward Wormley, and Milo Baughman on board, the brand paved the way for accessible and elegant Mid-Century Modern furniture that was capable of intermingling with both contemporary and historic designs. Drexel accent chairs are no exception. From French Provincial slipper chairs to Parsons club chairs, the brand actively evolved MCM style.
Mid-Century Style With a Classical Twist
While it’s hard to pin down the exact style Drexel brought to the table, Drexel accent chairs are perhaps best described as MCM-meets-Hollywood Regency. Hollywood Regency’s indebtedness to classical design is seen in the brand’s penchant for Louis XVI details as well as other historical design motifs. Try a pair of Edward Wormley for Drexel lattice-back barrel accent chairs in a room where you desire a touch of historical sophistication, but also something slightly retro. In lieu of an antique bentwood chair, you might consider bentwood chairs from Drexel, which meld the classic style invented by Michael Thonet with a more modern aesthetic. An arched top rail and elegantly flared legs bring the historic style squarely into the 20th century. There's also no talking about Drexel without talking about their iconic Parsons club chairs. Introduced to the brand by Milo Baughman, Drexel continued to adapt the style long after Baughman had left to pursue other partnerships.
Questions & Answers
- Does Chairish have drexel accent chairs on sale?
- Yes! We have 10+ drexel accent chairs on sale.
- What are the shipping options for drexel accent chairs?
- Drexel accent chairs can be shipped to you, and many can be picked up locally.
- Do you carry brown drexel accent chairs?
- We have drexel accent chairs in popular colors including brown, white, and black.
- What are some popular drexel accent chair brands?
- We have drexel accent chairs from popular brands such as Drexel, Barney Flagg, and Edward Wormley.
- Do you carry wood drexel accent chairs?
- Wood, upholstery, and fabric are our most popular drexel accent chair material types.
- Achille Castiglioni Accent Chairs
- Hanging Egg Chairs
- Sergio Mazza Accent Chairs
- Embossed Leather Accent Chairs
- Chairs With Cushion Seats
- Gijs Bakker Accent Chairs
- Clay Accent Chairs
- Sateen Accent Chairs
- Cal-Style Accent Chairs
- Cube Chairs
- Belform Accent Chairs
- Kwok Hoi Chan Accent Chairs
- Far Pavilions Accent Chairs
- Alfonso Marina Accent Chairs
- Top-Grain Leather Accent Chairs
- John Mascheroni Accent Chairs
- Lee Jofa Accent Chairs
- Christopher Guy Accent Chairs
- Black Leather Accent Chairs
- Brown Leather Accent Chairs
- Giancarlo Piretti At Anonima Castelli Accent Chairs
- Viking Chairs
- Odette Accent Chairs
- Drexel Heritage Accent Chairs
- Ethan Allen Accent Chairs