Kipp Stewart brought his strong artistic vision to almost every field imaginable, with painting and photography, but most notably, architecture and furniture design. He is one of the biggest names in Mid-Century American design, responsible for places like the famous Ventana Inn luxury resort in Big Sur, and pieces like his beautiful barrel chairs. Influences from the Mid-Century icon Charles Eames played a big role in the design of his lounge chairs, embodying the idea of stylish comfort. For Directional, Kipp Stewart designed a lounge chair with chromed steel feet and a rounded seat with thick cushions. In the late 1950s, Kipp Stewart collaborated with Stewart MacDougall to create a line of modern furniture for Drexel. Together, they designed the Declaration Collection, using natural walnut wood as the focal point for a wide range of home furniture, from dining chairs to china cabinets. Some of the most unique pieces are those inspired by wishbones, and aptly named after them. Wishbone nightstands feature floating drawers that hover over a planar shelf, held together by legs that converge at the top, like a wishbone. These sculptural legs were also used in an open bookcase that boasted two shelves with the bottom one protruding out to follow the silhouette of the wishbone. Kipp Stewart really covered his bases, creating pieces for every room of the home, so you can now find the perfect place for your next vintage Kipp Stewart find.
Questions & Answers
- How many vintage Kipp Stewart items does Chairish have in stock?
- We have 150+ vintage Kipp Stewart items in stock.
- What are the shipping options for Kipp Stewart items?
- Kipp Stewart items can be shipped to you, and many can be picked up locally.
- What types of Kipp Stewart products do you have?
- We have a variety of Kipp Stewart products in stock, including Furniture, Casegoods & Storage, and Tables.
- Does Chairish have Kipp Stewart items on sale?
- Yes! We have 30+ Kipp Stewart items on sale.