We, at CinemaAntiques, have been active collectors and curators of vintage Motion Picture Equipment for well over 50 years. During this time we have amassed a superb and rare collection of antique: movie cameras, Hollywood studio lights, film studio audio / microphones and other highly collectible artifacts of the Hollywood Film Production Industry.
We specialize in CERTIFIED Cinema Antiques and Artifacts Circa 1900 to 1969 and beyond, representing the Machine Age, Art Deco, Industrial Age and Mid Century Periods.
We have dedicated workshops, warehouses and galleries in Dallas Texas USA where we prepare, display and market our rare Motion Picture equipment antiques and artifacts.
Our Cinema Antiques are perfect for display in residential, industrial and museum settings. Collectors, Motion Picture Executives and museums worldwide are some of our clients.
We offer one of the most complete and accurately curated selections of authentic Cinema Antiques, for sale, in the world.
All items sold and offered are presented as fairly and honestly as possible and we invite buyers to visit our showrooms (by appointment, please) prior to purchase to view any antiques of interest.
We offer a signed and sealed Certificate of Authenticity with all antique items sold.
We have been marketing collectible Cinema Antiques since 1969 and are experts in the field. We have done certified cinema equipment appraisals for Banks, have served as Expert Witnesses in the legal system and have given our expert guidance to various museums.
All of our antiques and artifacts are guaranteed to be as described and photographed.
NOTE: Our selling prices are usually pre discounted and intended to be at 'Designer Net' and 'To The Trade' price levels. However, we ALWAYS welcome discussions and exploration of your budgetary requirements and how we MAY be able to help meet those cost targets with ADDITIONAL discounts or courtesies.
Our prices do not include shipping, packing and insurance, but we ship worldwide at the buyers expense and can offer Lloyds Of London insurance on all items shipped.
Our prices do not include taxes or accessory items that may show in some photographs.
We offer partial or full refurbishment and various levels of restoration services at our Dallas Workshop. All antique items sold are carefully cleaned and gently prepared at no extra charge according to the wishes of our buyers. We prefer to offer original Cinema Antiques showing original patina and use from years of cinema production work. However, minor to full restoration is available at additional cost.
We are quite pleased to offer additional photographs of any of our Cinema Antiques and these can be requested via our website, email or by phone.
Our inventory is regularly changing so please inquire after any special antiques you may be searching for.
Our President and Curator, Bill Reiter, is always personally available to discuss your individual needs and queries.
Due to the special nature of rare and artifact antiques, we can make no claim for the suitability of any Cinema Antique or item, for your intended purposes and use and we remind our clients that all antiques are subject to prior sale.
Please contact CinemaAntiques with any questions you may have.
Our President and Curator, Bill Reiter, is proud to have professional credentials and affiliations, as follows:
- B.A. (Diplomate, Cinema, City University of New York),
- D.P. (Director Of Photography),
- S.O.C. (Member, Society of Operating Cameramen),
- S.M.P.T.E. (Member, Society Of Motion Picture And Television Engineers),
- S.I.A.V.T. (Diplomate, Sony Institute of Applied Video Technology, Hollywood)
- CINEMATHEQUE FRANCAISE , PARIS (Cinema Antique Technical Consultant)
- PATHE FILM FOUNDATION, PARIS (Cinema Antique Technical Consultant)
- INSTITUTE FOR MEDIA ARTS (Board of Directors)
- USA FILM SCHOOL (President)
- BACA Film Festival, (Certificate of Merit & Official Entrant, Brooklyn New York)
- FILMMAKING INSTRUCTOR, former, (City University of New York)
- DALLAS INT’L FILM FESTIVAL (Supporter & Official Cinema Antique Supplier)
- DALLAS FILM SOCIETY (Supporter & Official Cinema Antique Supplier)
- Official Supplier of Cinema Equipment Antiques To Heritage Auctions,
The World's Largest Collectibles Auctioneer
- Industry Recognized “Distinctive” Antique Dealer
- ACADEMY MUSEUM OF MOTION PICTURES (Founding Supporter)
- DECORATIVE ARTS SOCIETY (Founding Member)
- SOCIETY FOR CINEMA AND MEDIA STUDIES (Member)
- CAMERA PROP SUPPLIER (NETFLIX Series “House Of Cards”)
- CINEMA ANTIQUE SUPPLIER (Oliver Stone’s Film “Born On The 4th Of July)
- CINEMA ANTIQUE CONSULTANT (Ralph Lauren Corporation)
- HISTORICAL VEHICLE ASSOCIATION (Member)
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC SOCIETY (Official Cinema Antiques Supplier)
- REPRESENTED BY SAATCHI ART GALLERY (for Component Art Sculptures)
- FINANCIAL TIMES OF LONDON (Featured Article on Cinema Antiques, 9/17)
- We have been proud to work with many filmmaking professionals over the years, including:
Stanley Kubrick, Orson Welles, Steven Spielberg, Carl Lerner ACE, James Giritlian ACE, George Lucas, Oliver Stone, Haskel Wexler ASC, Willie Nelson, Paul Bartel, The Maysles Brothers, Robert Rodriguez, Victor Duncan ASC, Linwood Dunn ASC, Harry Walsh ASC, Roy Wagner ASC, Steven Poster ASC
and many others, addressing their DEMANDING cinema
Rare, Artifact-Sculpture, Authentic, Certified, Collectible, Vintage, Displayable and re-purposed Equipment Antiques
of the Hollywood Film Studio and International Motion Picture Industry.
About Cinema Antiques:
Cinema Antiques has dedicated workshops, warehouses and galleries in Dallas Texas USA where we prepare, display and sell our rare Motion Picture equipment antiques.
Our Cinema Antiques are perfect for display in residential, industrial and museum settings. Collectors and museums worldwide are some of our clients. Our antiques also offer a unique sculpture look that is one of a kind and awe inspiring.
We offer one of the most complete and accurately curated selections of authentic Cinema Antiques, for sale, in the world. Many of our items were used in actual Hollywood Feature Motion Pictures, and we can only imagine the Movie Stars and entertainment Giants that paraded in front of these lights and cameras. As decorative “sculpture” or authentic Hollywood Cinema and Entertainment Memorabilia, our Cinema Antiques offer both a collectible and historical piece of the Hollywood Movie Industry, while at the same time presenting as an artistic and industrial piece of sculpture for your home, business or collection.
Like artifacts of an ancient civilization, these rare legendary finds of motion picture technology
have a secure and appreciating place in history.
CERTIFIED Cinema Antiques and Artifacts Circa 1900 to 1969 and beyond, representing the Machine Age, Art Deco, Industrial Age and Mid Century Periods.
A signed and sealed Certificate of Authenticity, suitable for framing, is included with each artifact sold.
Over 50 years experience in collecting and curating Antique Motion Picture Production Equipment.
We are ALWAYS here to help and offer many options for the proper presentation of your Cinema Antiques.