Jo Mattison "Orange Beach" Painting
This product is no longer available.
This abstract acrylic painting is rich with color, texture and beautiful. It has the capability of being hung both vertically ...
more This abstract acrylic painting is rich with color, texture and beautiful. It has the capability of being hung both vertically and horizontally.
"Orange Beach" by Jo Mattison
36" X 24"
The Artist: " Using only large palette knives and trowels, I prefer to work big and bold. But before starting a piece, I do a small study on paper with pastels. This gets the excitement going and propels me to the canvas. Then, with lots of energy, I begin applying a textured base of tinted plaster. I layer color upon color and scrape back until I get the desired effect. I am always looking for that surprise that can be found underneath the layers of paint and plaster. I consider myself a color-field artist which means my works usually have one predominant color over a large portion of the piece. I like the simplicity of this style of work. The fields of color have depth, or rather glow from within.
This process of expressing myself through my abstract creations gives me peace. I can push through negative thoughts and manage the grief I live with daily. It’s very liberating! Without thinking too much, I paint from an inner place deep inside. Inspiration surfaces and I work and watch a piece come together. Sometimes as I am going along, a painting will just create itself abandoning the original plan. It’s fascinating! I love the unpredictability that comes with the process – it keeps me yearning for more. Paintings don’t leave the studio until I feel some kind of tension from them, either positive, negative or a combination of both. As I explore that inner stillness in my head, truth and honesty are captured in each piece. Everyday I continue to learn as I paint and the biggest lesson I’ve learned is to just work from the heart." less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $49
- Free Local Pickup in Dallas, TX
- $30 Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 25 miles of 75201.
Luxurease by Sherry Hayslip Interiors in Dallas, TX
Professional Interior Designer based in Dallas, Texas with a love for luxury accessories and home ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.