Jo Mattison "Orange Beach" Painting
This product is no longer available.
This abstract acrylic painting is rich with color, texture and beautiful. It has the capability of being hung both vertically ...
moreThis abstract acrylic painting is rich with color, texture and beautiful. It has the capability of being hung both vertically and horizontally.
"Orange Beach" by Jo Mattison
36" X 24"
The Artist: " Using only large palette knives and trowels, I prefer to work big and bold. But before starting a piece, I do a small study on paper with pastels. This gets the excitement going and propels me to the canvas. Then, with lots of energy, I begin applying a textured base of tinted plaster. I layer color upon color and scrape back until I get the desired effect. I am always looking for that surprise that can be found underneath the layers of paint and plaster. I consider myself a color-field artist which means my works usually have one predominant color over a large portion of the piece. I like the simplicity of this style of work. The fields of color have depth, or rather glow from within.
This process of expressing myself through my abstract creations gives me peace. I can push through negative thoughts and manage the grief I live with daily. It’s very liberating! Without thinking too much, I paint from an inner place deep inside. Inspiration surfaces and I work and watch a piece come together. Sometimes as I am going along, a painting will just create itself abandoning the original plan. It’s fascinating! I love the unpredictability that comes with the process – it keeps me yearning for more. Paintings don’t leave the studio until I feel some kind of tension from them, either positive, negative or a combination of both. As I explore that inner stillness in my head, truth and honesty are captured in each piece. Everyday I continue to learn as I paint and the biggest lesson I’ve learned is to just work from the heart." less
- 24ʺW × 2ʺD × 36ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
Luxurease by Sherry Hayslip Interiors in Dallas, TX
Professional Interior Designer based in Dallas, Texas with a love for luxury accessories and home ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- 3D Paintings
- Action Paintings
- Beach Paintings
- Black and White Paintings
- Car Paintings
- Cat Paintings
- Cherry Blossom Paintings
- Classic Paintings
- Color Field Paintings
- Contemporary Paintings
- Dallas Paintings
- Dot Paintings
- Elephant Paintings
- Face Paintings
- Famous Paintings
- Flower Paintings
- Forest Paintings
- Galaxy Paintings
- Genre Paintings
- Greek Paintings
- Green Paintings
- Horse Paintings
- House Paintings
- Landscape Paintings
- Miniature Paintings
- Modern Paintings
- Moon Paintings
- Nude Body Paintings
- Oil Paintings
- Portrait Paintings
- Rock Paintings
- Skull Paintings
- Still Life Paintings
- Sunflower Paintings
- Sunset Paintings
- Surrealist Paintings
- Tree Paintings
- Venus Paintings
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.