1820s American Mother and Child Portrait Painting in Maple Frame
This finely painted itinerant American oil portraiture of a mother and child originated from an estate in Maine, USA and ...
moreThis finely painted itinerant American oil portraiture of a mother and child originated from an estate in Maine, USA and was brought to the Minneapolis Area over 20 years ago. The painting is wonderfully detailed with extraordinary facial features on the sitters and other fine details with jewelry, the book held by the child and the clothing. At some point in it's history, probably between 1975-1985, the painting was conserved by laying it to masonite as shown. This is not terribly difficult to reverse and ultimately should be done. The painting has no holes, tears or other issues and one can see along the edges where it originally folded over the stretcher bars, making it about an inch smaller all around. The maple frame may be original to the painting and at least is of the same era. The frame was most probably revarnished at the time the painting was laid to board.
30 x 25.25
36 x 31 less
- 31ʺW × 6ʺD × 36ʺH
- Early 19th Century
- Oil Paint
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Restored, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Some shrinkage to the frame wood as expected after 200+ Years. Some shrinkage to the frame wood as expected after 200+ Years. less
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Claire S. in Minneapolis, MN
European and American Antique Furniture, Accessories and Decor. I have been an interior designer for ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Miniature Paintings
- Oil Paintings
- Horse Paintings
- Victorian Paintings
- Portrait Paintings
- Nude Paintings
- Sunflower Paintings
- Tan Paintings
- Surrealist Paintings
- Cat Paintings
- Landscape Paintings
- Beach Paintings
- Flower Paintings
- 3D Paintings
- Black and White Paintings
- Traditional Paintings
- Still Life Paintings
- Color Field Paintings
- Wood Paintings
- Sunset Paintings
- Action Paintings
- Cherry Blossom Paintings
- Dot Paintings
- Greek Paintings
- Tree Paintings
- Car Paintings
- Forest Paintings
- Genre Paintings
- Classic Paintings
- Early American Paintings
- Face Paintings
- Famous Paintings
- Rock Paintings
- House Paintings
- Moon Paintings
- Oil Paint Paintings
- Maple Paintings
- Portraiture Paintings
- Venus Paintings
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.