Danish Modern furniture will never go out of style, with their sophisticated and understated designs. While the name Arne Vodder may not be the first one that comes to mind, it definitely is on the list of some of the top Danish Modern designers. Trained by one of the greatest Danish Modern pioneers, Finn Juhl, Arne Vodder created not only furniture pieces, but also worked as an architect for some time. In 1951, he had collaborated with Anton Borg to design over 1,000 low-cost houses. As Denmark began to gain international fame for its signature furniture style, Arne Vodder crafted simple and modest pieces, using natural materials like rosewood and teak. If you look closely, you’ll find that Arne Vodder pieces are actually free of sharp edges. However, one of the most special things about his designs is that many drawers are specifically shaped to avoid using additional hardware for handles. The result is a very clean and minimalist design with solid colors. Arne Vodder designs have been produced by a number of manufacturers, including Cadovius, Erik Jorgensen, and Fritz Hansen. Perhaps most notably, he designed for Sibast, producing several sets of office furniture that made its way into the American market. In fact, these collections were so successful they even caught the eye of Jimmy Carter and made their way into the White House! One of our favorite Arne Vodder pieces is the teak and beech chaise lounge produced by Bovirke, with wickered patent leather that looks so luxurious.
Questions & Answers
- What types of Arne Vodder products do you have?
- We have a variety of Arne Vodder products in stock, including Furniture, Seating, and Tables.
- What are the shipping options for Arne Vodder items?
- Arne Vodder items can be shipped to you, and many can be picked up locally.
- Does Chairish have Arne Vodder items on sale?
- Yes! We have 20+ Arne Vodder items on sale.
- Can I get free shipping on Arne Vodder items from Chairish?
- Yes! Select Arne Vodder items ship for free from Chairish.