Illuminate Your Rooms with Mid-Century Modern Lamp Shades
Whether you’re looking to top a 1960s studio pottery lamp with a period-appropriate replacement lamp shade, or you’re aiming to imbue a Murano lamp with retro appeal, there’s nothing like a Mid-Century Modern lamp shade to fit the bill. And if you're on the hunt for a Mid-Century Modern lamp shade, there's no better place to start your search than Chairish. Among the most iconic Mid-Century lamp shades styles are tiered fiberglass shades. Dating to the 1940s and 1950s, these Mid-Century fiberglass lamp shades—also fondly referred to as “birthday cake” lamp shades—are similar to drum shades, but they’re haloed by a smaller drum shade at the top or bottom. (Worth noting is that some shades, deemed “Atomic” fiberglass shades, showcase a tapered shade at the top or bottom.) In addition, these vintage Mid-Century lampshades typically feature a corded whipstitch embellishment at the shade’s rim. These large MCM lamp shades are ideal for topping 1950s and 1960s studio pottery lamps, as well as Atomic, Danish Modern, and vintage tiki style lamps. Here at Chairish they can be procured in solid color finishes or marbled or flocked finishes. Some feature smooth textures, while others possess a high relief “spun” finish. If you appreciate the authenticity of a tiered fiberglass shade, but you don’t necessarily desire the stepped effect, these shades can also be found in plain drum or cylinder styles. Fiberglass shades are by no means the only Mid-Century lamp shades available, either. Here at Chairish we also carry monumental shades originally designed to outfit the era’s oversized table lamps. Typically outfitted with textural fabrics and trimmed in ornate brocades, these lamps are ideal for evoking the spirit of the Mid-Century in any interior.
Questions & Answers
- How many vintage mid-century modern lamp shades does Chairish have in stock?
- We have 100+ vintage mid-century modern lamp shades in stock.
- What are some popular mid century modern lamp shade styles?
- Popular mid century modern lamp shade styles are Mid-Century Modern, Boho Chic, and Hollywood Regency.
- How much do mid-century modern lamp shades cost?
- Mid-century modern lamp shades range in price from $10 to $4,500
- Does Chairish have mid-century modern lamp shades on sale?
- Yes! We have 40+ mid-century modern lamp shades on sale.
- Do you carry white mid-century modern lamp shades?
- We have mid-century modern lamp shades in popular colors including white, tan, and brown.
- What are some popular mid century modern lamp shade brands?
- We have mid-century modern lamp shades from popular brands such as Maria Kipp, Murano, and Felipe Delfinger.
- Glass Lamp Shades
- Art Deco Lamp Shades
- Clip On Lamp Shades
- Metal Lamp Shades
- Silk Lamp Shades
- Drum Lamp Shades
- French Country Lamp Shades
- Asian Lamp Shades
- Hollywood Regency Lamp Shades
- Art Nouveau Lamp Shades
- Chinoiserie Lamp Shades
- Green Lamp Shades
- Shabby Chic Lamp Shades
- Boho Chic Lamp Shades
- Italian Lamp Shades
- Large Lamp Shades
- Small Lamp Shades
- Fabric Lamp Shades
- Red Lamp Shades
- Victorian Lamp Shades
- Mary Jane McCarty Designs Lamp Shades
- Currey and Company Lamp Shades
- Pleated Lamp Shades