Derived from the French word for “convenience” or “suitable,” a piece of commode furniture most often refers to a set of drawers or shelves typically placed in a bedroom for ease of use. While many antique commode cabinets can be traced back to France, commodes soon spread throughout the world and are now available in a variety of shapes, sizes, styles, and colors. In fact, Chairish’s reserve of commodes boasts new, vintage, and antique commodes all assessed by our in-house team of curators for quality, authenticity, and style. This means you can browse a wide variety of lavish vintage commodes to suit your every creative whim!
Discover the Rococo-inspired vintage commode of your dreams when you delve into Chairish’s exclusive collection!
As always, you can take your time perusing our offerings, uncovering the striking antique commode dresser you need to balance out your next design, or simply use our search filters to sort by style, color, size, and more to find the missing hand-painted vintage commode you need. Either way, Chairish makes it easy to find masterfully crafted and fashionable commodes from around the world!
Questions & Answers
- What are some popular commode styles?
- Popular commode styles are French, Traditional, and Louis XV.
- Do you carry wood commodes?
- Wood, metal, and stone are our most popular commode material types.
- What are the shipping options for commodes?
- Commodes can be shipped to you, and many can be picked up locally.
- Do you carry brown commodes?
- We have commodes in popular colors including brown, white, and black.