Derived from the French word for “convenience” or “suitable,” a piece of commode furniture most often refers to a set of drawers or shelves typically placed in a bedroom for ease of use. While many antique commode cabinets can be traced back to France, commodes soon spread throughout the world and are now available in a variety of shapes, sizes, styles, and colors. In fact, Chairish’s reserve of commodes boasts new, vintage, and antique commodes all assessed by our in-house team of curators for quality, authenticity, and style. This means you can browse a wide variety of lavish vintage commodes to suit your every creative whim!
Discover the Rococo-inspired vintage commode of your dreams when you delve into Chairish’s exclusive collection!
As always, you can take your time perusing our offerings, uncovering the striking antique commode dresser you need to balance out your next design, or simply use our search filters to sort by style, color, size, and more to find the missing hand-painted vintage commode you need. Either way, Chairish makes it easy to find masterfully crafted and fashionable commodes from around the world!
Questions & Answers
- What are some popular commode brands?
- We have commodes from popular brands such as Baker Furniture Company, Maison Jansen, and Maitland - Smith.
- Which brand has the largest assortment of commodes at Chairish?
- Baker Furniture Company is our most popular commode brand, with 40+ items in stock.
- Does Chairish have commodes on sale?
- Yes! We have 420+ commodes on sale.
- What are some popular commode styles?
- Popular commode styles are French, Traditional, and Louis XV.