1930s Vintage Evans Pottery Mission Swirl Vase
This product is no longer available.
This lovely vintage art pottery vase has such an unusual shape, with a graceful, rounded base and thin neck, slightly ...
moreThis lovely vintage art pottery vase has such an unusual shape, with a graceful, rounded base and thin neck, slightly flared at the top. This is a mission swirl vase, or mission ware (missionware), with swirled stripes of brown, cream, and blue. It dates to the early 20th century (1930s or so) and was, I believe, made by Evans Pottery, from Dexter, Missouri.
The vase is very like the more famous Niloak Pottery (also available in my shop), which has the same matte finish and mission ware stripes. This piece is unmarked and has a shape I haven't found elsewhere, plus the brown glazed interior typical of Evans Pottery. Evans manufactured swirl pottery from 1928 to the late 1950s.
The pot is in very good condition, with no cracks or chips. It has one area that is colored a pale burnt orange (see photos), which I assume occurred when it was fired. less
- 5ʺW × 5ʺD × 9ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
Callooh Callay Vintage in Kirkwood, MO
Callooh Callay offers an eclectic mix of vintage home decor, art pottery, Chinoiserie, industrial decor ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Blue Vases
- Blue and White Vases
- Brown Vases
- Bud Vases
- Ceramic Vases
- Contemporary Vases
- Cylinder Vases
- Decorative Vases
- Evans Vases
- Floor Vases
- Flower Vases
- Glass Cylinder Vases
- Greek Vases
- Hurricane Vases
- Large Glass Vases
- Lodge Vases
- Mercury Glass Vases
- Mission Vases
- Modern Vases
- Rustic Vases
- Square Glass Vases
- Square Vases
- Tall Floor Vases
- Tall Glass Vases
- Tall Vases
- Traditional Vases
- Trumpet Vases
- Wall Vases
- White Vases
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.