1950s French Travel, Autumn Versailles park
This listing is for one original vintage travel poster. It is in excellent condition and ready to frame.
About the ... more This listing is for one original vintage travel poster. It is in excellent condition and ready to frame.
About the Poster: Before 1935, colour photography was the result of a long and arduous preparation and development process. Photographers had to travel with heavy glass plates, cumbersome tripods, specific chemical mixes and compounds. Length of exposure could extend to a dozen minutes or longer, which affected the type of image captured, restricting movement so as to avoid blurring, etc. Not to mention the chemical baths needed to develop the image! Photography remained was only accessible to the professionals or the wealthy upper class until the advent of the Kodachrome by the Eastman Kodak Company. It eased the process considerably, allowing spontaneous photographs to be captured using a hand-held camera whose film roll - once finished - could be shipped to the company for developing. Amateur photography steadily rose in popularity while the quality of the Kodachrome image was such that it still appealed to professionals. In fact, Time magazine summarized some of the most iconic images ever captured with Kodachrome, including "Kodachrome captured a color version of the Hindenburg's fireball explosion in 1936. It accompanied Edmund Hillary to the top of Mount Everest in 1953. Abraham Zapruder was filming with 8-mm Kodachrome in Dallas when he accidentally captured President Kennedy's assassination. National Geographic photographer Steve McCurry used it to capture the haunting green-gray eyes of an Afghan refugee girl in 1985 in what is still the magazine's most enduring cover image."
This poster features a Kodachrome image by French photographer A. Jousse of a park in Versailles in the autumn. It was produced in the 1950's by the "Ministere des Travaux Publics, des Transports et du Tourism" or Minister of Public Works, Transport and Tourism. This poster puts in evidence France's rich history and sites of interest. It's no wonder that millions of tourists flock to this country every year! It is in excellent condition and ready to frame. less
- 24.25ʺW × 0.1ʺD × 39ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $29
- Free Local Pickup in Stowe, VT
L'Affichiste in Stowe, VT
Karen Etingin opened her Montreal gallery, L'Affichiste, ten years ago after deciding to turn ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about less than 3 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-14 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.