1776 Antique French Bronze Mantel Clock
This product is no longer available.
Absolutely phenomenal piece of time-keeping history. This working gilded French Mantel clock was made in 1776. Yes, 1776. This fire-gilt ...
moreAbsolutely phenomenal piece of time-keeping history. This working gilded French Mantel clock was made in 1776. Yes, 1776. This fire-gilt ormolu bronze clock is attributed to Robert Osmond (a Parisian maitre bronzier). The movement is contained in a rectangular, bow-end cast and chased bronze case with fluting on both sides, surmounted by 2 pineapple finials, and an urn on top. The rectangular base is enriched gadrooning and acanthus-leaf moldings, on 4 ormolu turned feet. Winding keys also included.
The 8-day movement with silk suspended pendulum, striking on a bell the hours and half hours. This clock has white enamel dial with black Roman numerals for hours, and Arab for the 15 minutes. Well pierced and gilt hands for the hours and minutes. The spring is signed and dated "Richard Fevrier 1776." The clock unsigned was most likely sold by the intermediary of merchant (Merchand Mercier) who wanted his sources to remain anonymous.
This clock has been evaluated/authenticated by noted Aniquarian Horologist, Thomas Vicai, and comes with papers of authenticity.
To say that this clock is exceptional is quite an understatement. less
- 7.25ʺW × 4ʺD × 11.5ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
The Shelfist LLC in Los Angeles, CA
The Shelfist has gathered an amazing assemblage of curated items from all over the globe ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Alarm Clocks
- Antique Grandfather Clocks
- Bronze Clocks
- Clocks with Seconds
- Cuckoo Clocks
- French Clocks
- Gold Clocks
- Grandfather Clocks
- Large Wall Clocks
- Los Angeles Clocks
- Louis XVI Clocks
- Mantel Clocks
- Metal Clocks
- Pendulum Clocks
- Quartz Clocks
- Shabby Chic Clocks
- Shelf Clocks
- Traditional Clocks
- Wall Clocks
- Wind Up Clocks
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.