Elephant Hide Gray Eames Herman Miller Molded Fiberglass Dax Arm Shell Chair H Base
Awesome example of the Charles and Ray Eames DAX fiberglass arm shell chair for Herman Miller. It is in elephant ...
moreAwesome example of the Charles and Ray Eames DAX fiberglass arm shell chair for Herman Miller. It is in elephant hide gray with a black H base and unusual glide feet. It retains a paper label but no other markings. And is in wonderful vintage condition with a badly needed fresh coat of black paint on the base. Circa 1960s-1970s.
If you are looking for an iconic Mid-Century Modern chair to grace your home…..here it is! This is a fabulous vintage example of a DAX fiberglass arm shell chair designed by Charles Eames and his wife, Ray, for Herman Miller. This example is in my favorite color of elephant hide gray with definite fiberglass textural markings. It has its original paper Herman Miller patent label but no other markings and a black H base. Which we have given a fresh coat of black paint. It has some very unusual glides. We have yet been unable to find this glide on any other chair, or a reference to it. So, do not know if they are original or something the original owner requested, as is possible. This shell armchair is in fabulous condition and ready to use. Make it yours!
Height – 31 Inches
Width – 25 Inches
Depth – 23 Inches
Seat Height – 16.5 Inches
Arm Height – 25.25 Inches
Inside Seat Width – 12 to 16 Inches
Inside Seat Depth – 16.5 Inches
Inside Back Height – 15.5 Inches
Weight – 11.2 Pounds
Height – 36 Inches
Width – 29 Inches
Depth – 27 Inches
Weight – 30 Pounds
- 25ʺW × 23ʺD × 31ʺH
- Mid 20th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Restored, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- In wonderful vintage condition with a badly needed fresh coat of black paint on the base. In wonderful vintage condition with a badly needed fresh coat of black paint on the base. less
- Mid-Century Modern
- Herman Miller
- Charles and Ray Eames
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Seat Height
- 16.5 inches
- Seat Interior Depth
- 16.5 inches
- Seat Interior Width
- 16.0 inches
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Chris G. in Topeka, KS
- Super Seller 2018
13,000 square feet of high-style vintage furnishings, home décor, art & more! Warehouse 414 is ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Mid-Century Modern Dining Chairs
- Farmhouse Dining Chairs
- Swivel Dining Chairs
- Metal Dining Chairs
- Folding Dining Chairs
- Round Back Dining Chairs
- Danish Dining Chairs
- Upholstered Dining Chairs
- High Back Dining Chairs
- Rolling Dining Chairs
- Black Dining Chairs
- Comfortable Dining Chairs
- Gray Dining Chairs
- Black Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Tufted Dining Chairs
- Dining Chairs with Arms
- Tall Dining Chairs
- Rattan Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Reupholstered Dining Chairs
- Herman Miller Dining Chairs
- Modern Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Outdoor Wood Dining Chairs
- White Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Fiberglass Dining Chairs
- Paint Dining Chairs
- Plastic Dining Chairs
- Teak Outdoor Dining Chairs
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.