- Room Accents & Accessories
- Wall Accents
- Raymond Peynet Original Lithograph "The Lovers ...
Raymond Peynet Original Lithograph "The Lovers on Valentines Day"
Original lithograph by Raymond Peynet.
Raymond Peynet was born in Paris on 16th November 1908 « At 15 he gained entrance ... moreOriginal lithograph by Raymond Peynet.
Raymond Peynet was born in Paris on 16th November 1908 « At 15 he gained entrance to the famous “Ecole des Arts Appliqués” a school which happened to be located just opposite the bistro owned by his parents (my grand-parents) who had moved from the Auvergne to Paris some years before. He really started learning his trade when he began work as a draughtsman for Tolmer, an advertising agency in Paris, doing various tasks from sweeping the floor to drawing labels for perfume bottles and decorating biscuit boxes, eventually progressing to the creation of various advertisements.
In 1930 he married Denise and whose family name DAMOUR was most appropriate. In order to make a better living, he started publishing his drawings in the Parisian press which included many popular editions at that time: Le Rire, Rire à deux, Paris magazine, The Boulevardier (a publication for the British population in Paris). But it was in 1942 that his life would take a new turn! Having been asked to deliver a confidential document to a correspondent located in Valence in the department of the Drôme, he was sitting on a bench where the appointment with the correspondent had been arranged. This bench was right opposite the music kiosk (classified historical monument since 1982). He drew a young, long-haired violinist playing alone in the kiosk and a young girl listening to him with great admiration.
A number of years later the violinist was replaced by a poet and the girl became his lover. Les Amoureux de Peynet were born! Their image travelled across the world and were reproduced on porcelain, scarves and dolls, in books, as medallions and even statues (such as the one erected in Hiroshima, Japan). The image of the Peynet lovers have been stamped on anything symbolising love! Georges Brassens would not have written “Les bancs publics” (Public benches) without my lovers, said Peynet. Charles Aznavour also dedicated a song to them interpreted by Marcel Amont: “les amants en papier” (Paper lovers). Four museums are presently dedicated to Peynet: Antibes, Brassac les Mines (native town of my grand-mother Isabelle), Karuizawa (Nagano, Japan) and Mimasaka (Okayama, Japan).
Raymond Peynet died on 14 January 1999 at the age of 90. It was exactly one month before Saint Valentine’s Day! » less
- 15ʺW × 1ʺD × 23ʺH
- Place of Origin
- Very Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
Good vintage condition consistent with age and materials.
Fold line in the middle but is barely visible, markings on the ... moreGood vintage condition consistent with age and materials.
Fold line in the middle but is barely visible, markings on the right side which can be hidden with a mat board.
Ships from France, express $57 less
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Salaun Euro Antiques in Miami Beach, FL
Based in Miami Beach and several months of the year in Arles, France a great ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Advertisement Posters
- Band Posters
- Black Posters
- Blue Posters
- Circus Posters
- Classroom Posters
- Concert Posters
- Contemporary Posters
- Lithograph Posters
- Miami Posters
- Movie Posters
- Music Posters
- Pink Posters
- Printmaking Materials Posters
- Psychedelic Posters
- Red Posters
- Retro Posters
- Rock Posters
- Safety Posters
- Science Posters
- Travel Posters
- White Posters
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.