Elegant 18th Century French Ormolu Marble Clock and Garniture
Magnificent hand-carved white marble and gilt bronze clock with garniture. Extravagant cast gilt bronze mounts with lavish detail. The central ...
moreMagnificent hand-carved white marble and gilt bronze clock with garniture. Extravagant cast gilt bronze mounts with lavish detail. The central clock flaked by gilt bronze goats. This clock has been cleaned and serviced and runs well with a crisp chime at the hour only. Clocks may need adjustment after shipping. The clock alone measures 19 inches high , 17 inches wide 5.75 inches deep. The garniture measures 15 inches high, 5.5 inches wide, 3.5 inches deep.
This clock is the the work of Antoine Crosnier (b. 1732 d. after 1806), who usually signed his dials Cronier or Cronier a` Paris. Born in Paris on 13th January 1732, he was the son of Charles Crosnier, a mai^tre-menuisier. In 1745 Antoine Crosnier began an apprenticeship under Nicolas Pierre Thuillier and by 1753 was working independently of a guild, i.e. ouvrier libre but was received as a Parisian mai^tre-horloger in 1763. Crosnier enjoyed considerable patronage from leading members of society such as the mare´chal de Choiseul-Stainville, the marquis de Sainte-Amaranthe, prince Belosselsky-Belozerky, the duc des Deux-Ponts and M. Sollier. From 1759 he was established at rue Saint-Honore´, Paris, where he began to produce a considerable number of Fine clocks using cases by some of the leading bronziers including Robert and Jean-Baptiste Osmond as well as Edme´ Roy, Rene´ Franc¸ois Morlay, Nicolas Bonnet and Franc¸ois Vion. He also used cases made by the e´be´nistes Jean-Pierre Latz and Franc¸ois Goyer. In addition Crosnier employed the gilder Honore´ Noe¨l and supplied the tapissier Nicolas Leclerc. less
- 17ʺW × 5.75ʺD × 19ʺH
- Late 18th Century
- Very Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history, original gilt on bronze. Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history, original gilt on bronze. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
A Touch of The Past Antiques of Lambertville, NJ in Lambertville, NJ
We are a 10,000 square foot store of 30 plus professional dealers all under ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Alarm Clocks
- Antique Grandfather Clocks
- Bronze Clocks
- Bronze Clocks
- Clocks with Seconds
- Cuckoo Clocks
- French Clocks
- Gold Clocks
- Grandfather Clocks
- Large Wall Clocks
- Louis XVI Clocks
- Mantel Clocks
- Marble Clocks
- Metal Clocks
- Pendulum Clocks
- Philadelphia Clocks
- Quartz Clocks
- Shabby Chic Clocks
- Shelf Clocks
- Stone Clocks
- Traditional Clocks
- Wall Clocks
- White Clocks
- Wind Up Clocks
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.