Josef Hoffmann’s name is associated with fin de siècle sumptuousness for good reason. Hoffman, an Austrian architect and designer, is perhaps best known for the deliriously designed Stoclet Palace, a masterpiece of Art Noveau design located in Belgium. But along with buildings in the Viennese Secession style, Hoffman also designed furniture with the same guiding principles. The Hoffmann furniture most immediately recognizable is perhaps his cane side chairs. The chairs are sleekly designed, and so attuned to contemporary style that, even after all these years, they still seem absolutely modern. Aside from the side chairs, Hoffmann’s dexterity of design can be seen in his plush, upholstered chairs and love seats—as much a work of art as they are a place of comfort.
Live in Viennese Luxury with Chairish’s collection of Josef Hoffmann furniture!
If you're hunting for a specific Hoffman piece, you're sure to find what you are looking for by using our advanced search options. Our curators have sourced the juiciest of Josef’s furniture, so if you are unsure of what to go for, trust them and browse the curated collection. Want to cast a wider net? Check out our broader collection of art nouveau!.
Questions & Answers
- How many vintage Josef Hoffmann items does Chairish have in stock?
- We have 70+ vintage Josef Hoffmann items in stock.
- Does Chairish have Josef Hoffmann items on sale?
- Yes! We have 30+ Josef Hoffmann items on sale.
- How much do Josef Hoffmann items cost?
- Josef Hoffmann items range in price from $150 to $41,300
- Can I get free shipping on Josef Hoffmann items from Chairish?
- Yes! Select Josef Hoffmann items ship for free from Chairish.
- What are the shipping options for Josef Hoffmann items?
- Josef Hoffmann items can be shipped to you, and many can be picked up locally.