Here are some of our favorite stories from around the web this past week. Enjoy the eye candy!
- We do love a good reno story and this one has a very happy ending. SVK Interior Design transformed a tired San Francisco Spanish Colonial into a sleek and modern home that still retains its 1930s charm. Check out the gallery from Rue Mag.
- In celebration of this past week’s most extra night in fashion, the Met Gala, Elle Decor has put together a list of the campiest rooms of all time. We’re having a hard time picking our favorite from this gallery of “humor, chutzpah, and go-for-it glitz.”
- The husband and wife team behind the magnífico boutique hotel Casa Fortunato in Lisbon, Portugal loved their project so much they moved in! T Magazine has the story (and the photos!) behind the transformation of this 100-year-old Pombaline-style townhouse into a stylish, mid century lover’s dream hotel.
- These blueberry scones topped in streusel from Broma Bakery will put all other scone recipes to shame. Yes, we’re scone-shaming.
- British interior designer Rachel Chudley happened across a derelict East London workshop and resolved to make it into her home, despite the trees growing out of the walls. Several years later, the top to bottom overhaul is complete and we’re in awe of the colorfully maximalist results. House and Garden UK has the full tour of this bonkers flat.
ICYMI from Chairish: