Howard Behrens "Old World Charm" Framed Serigraph
This product is no longer available.
Design Plus Gallery presents a framed signed serigraph, titled "Old World Charm" by Howard Behrens. Professionally custom framed and matted ...
moreDesign Plus Gallery presents a framed signed serigraph, titled "Old World Charm" by Howard Behrens. Professionally custom framed and matted.
About the Artist:
"Howard Chesner Behrens has an interest in art that dates back to his childhood when he turned to painting to fill the hours in bed convalescing from a broken leg. Born in 1933 in Chicago, Behrens was raised in a suburb of Washington DC. After a stint in the military he attended junior college where encouragement from a professor led him to explore the field of medical art. After obtaining a BA from the University of Maryland, he entered the Medical Arts School of John Hopkins University in Baltimore. Although the highly technical demands of medical art were good discipline for him, he found that this type of illustration did not lie in his heart. He returned to University of Maryland where he obtained a Masters Degree in painting and sculpture. Behrens was employed by the US Government Printing Office in Washington DC from 1964-1981 serving as their chief artist for over 10 years. He experimented with many techniques of painting but adopted his powerful paette knife style in 1976. "Before I rarely painted with the palette knife possibly due to the difficulty in control and my affinity for the representational. I had been mixing paints more and more with the palett knife and began to realize the true value in using it in place of the brush." Howard Behrens is known for his palette knife style landscapes of his many and varied travels. He rarely includes figuratives in his works allowing the scenes to remain the highlight of his imagery. " - Art Brokage less
- 59ʺW × 1.5ʺD × 51.25ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
Design Plus Consignment Gallery in San Rafael, CA
Design Plus Consignment Gallery of San Francisco and San Rafael.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.