Striking Japanese Prints for Sale to Swoon Over
Woodblock printing, an ancient form of printing images, patterns, and even text, developed in China and spread throughout Asia. Exquisite Japanese woodblock prints for sale from the 17th through 19th centuries are particularly popular, historically, though the specific artistic technique and the subject matter have been long iterated upon. Known as a means for a school of art, known as ukiyo-e art, which revealed everyday life through characters such as kabuki actors, sumo wrestlers, beautiful portraiture, select landscapes, and nature, among other common themes, woodblock printing has long been used, in part, to communicate the beauty of daily living.
Woodblock Art that’s Authentically Japanese
Our selection of old Japanese woodblock prints does just that. The scenes featured in our woodblock prints for sale range from contemporary takes on old woodblock print themes to striking images of geishas, renderings of irises, and portraits of women in traditional or historical garb. Shop our virtual aisles of Japanese prints for sale, alongside or other art selections, to discover the piece that speaks to you.
Questions & Answers
- What are some popular japanese woodblock prints styles?
- Popular japanese woodblock prints styles are Asian, Japanese, and Traditional.
- Can I get free shipping on japanese woodblock prints from Chairish?
- Yes! Select japanese woodblock prints ship for free from Chairish.
- What is the price range for japanese woodblock prints?
- Japanese woodblock prints range in price from $50 to $5,500
- How many vintage japanese woodblock prints does Chairish have in stock?
- We have 250+ vintage japanese woodblock prints in stock.