Old Marble Bowl
This is an ancient marble serving bowl from India. It has been in a stone yard for many years.
This ... more This is an ancient marble serving bowl from India. It has been in a stone yard for many years.
This was probably used by tribal people as a serving dish.
The measurements are 10.75" x 1.5", and the bottom diameter where a candle would rest is 5".
This bowl is yummy beautiful, but please let me point out it has been repaired in its lifetime and although artfully done.
Note details in the photographs I've included.
The two photos with multiple bowls are shown not to represent this piece but to show what these bowls look like when displayed together.
All the edges have been smoothed out from possibly 100 years of age.
The last picture that I have shown is not including the bowl in this listing, but were given to show how bowls might be used as display or in combination with other items listed for sale.
Old marble bowls are great for decorating or serving dishes. Please note marble is very porous and should not be in contact with dark died soaps, black and red berries, or other things that might stain it once in contact. Try a coating of olive oil and all marble stripings become more distinct. Try serving nuts, guacamole, or using as a surface for tea lights. Sorry the dog is not for sale with this listing, but he definitely wanted to be a part of the photo session.
I have been collecting marble bowls from an almost untouched stone yard for almost a decade. The last of what is left is in my collection. If you are interested in buying multiple items or doing a large order...please contact me directly. These old pieces don't have perfectly flat surfaces and bottoms. Most of them have repairs and imperfections that will last 100 more years if cared for properly. They do not like being washed in dishwashers or soaked in water. They are not made to look old and actually have age. If I list a piece as younger, I will clearly define it as that in the listing. If you need something specific please ask questions.
If you are living outside the United States I can ship this as well, but we will have to determine shipping costs. Also, for all others, shipping includes insurance.
Thanks for your time stopping by for a visit. less
- 10.75ʺW × 10.75ʺD × 1.5ʺH
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $9
- Free Local Pickup in Austin, TX
Monsoon Imports in Austin, TX
We offer an eclectic mix of unique items with strong textural and color aspects, antique ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.