Vintage Pink & Indigo African Baule Cloth Textile
This product is no longer available.
Vintage West African Indigo Baule Cloth textile woven with indigo, yellow and pink stripes. Handwoven cloth from the Ivory Coast ...
moreVintage West African Indigo Baule Cloth textile woven with indigo, yellow and pink stripes. Handwoven cloth from the Ivory Coast (Cote d'Ivoire) of Africa.
These beautiful textiles look fantastic hung on a wall, over a chair, or on the back of a couch. They can also be used to make pillows, as a beach blanket or even as a shawl.
Details: This particular piece is woven in a very light sky blue, pink, yellow and indigo and has several multi colored embroidered areas in pink, green, and orange.
Very good vintage condition. There are a couple of small stains. There are a few areas where the stitching is loose or has come undone.
Wash in cold on gentle, hang to dry or machine dry low
These warp ikat pieces are created by dying thread using indigo and other colors before the weaving process. Tie dyed threads are used to create the feathered patterns. The cotton threads are tightly woven into long strips that are then sewn together to create a large piece of cloth. Embroidered areas were sometimes added for embellishment. These textiles would have traditionally been worn as a wrapper and would have been repaired over and over again.
Each piece of vintage African Baule cloth is unique in shade, size, and wear and may have imperfections.
I strive to find textiles with the best color, patterns, weight, and hand feel. Sometimes there may be small holes or mended areas (which I have noted under "condition" above). These imperfections show the history of each piece and add to the unique beauty and charm. less
- 44ʺW × 60ʺD × 1ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
Territory Home Goods in Los Angeles, CA
Browse our collection of rediscovered home goods, vintage furniture, reupholstered pieces, and unique handmade decorating ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.