Original 1940s French Lottery Poster Meres
Created in 1933, the French National Lottery became widely popular after the media coverage of barber Paul Bonhoure's win of ... more Created in 1933, the French National Lottery became widely popular after the media coverage of barber Paul Bonhoure's win of five million francs in the first draw. In a very enlightening article "Loterie nationale : Mythes et symboles" written in 1969, the influencial French journalist and author of many books on consumerism, education and advertising proposes an in-depth analysis of posters comissioned by the French lottery. The lottery was said to have hired some of France's best designers, developing a corpus of some of the most effective posters in history. This particular piece is signed Derouet-Lesacq who did a large number of pieces for the French lottery. The pair was composed of Edgar Derouet, artist and printer, and Charles Lesacq, artist. This particular poster is in keeping with their usual approach of placing a stylized character front-and center and respecting a very clean style. The poster has recently been professionally linen-backed and is in excellent condition. less
- 15.5ʺW × 0.1ʺD × 23.5ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $29
- Free Local Pickup in Stowe, VT
L'Affichiste in Stowe, VT
Karen Etingin opened her Montreal gallery, L'Affichiste, ten years ago after deciding to turn ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.