1900 Fernand Mourlot Colored Lithographs
Fernand Mourlot Colored Lithographs, 1900. This artpiece is a rare and captivating group of 4 framed lithographs out of the ...
more Fernand Mourlot Colored Lithographs, 1900. This artpiece is a rare and captivating group of 4 framed lithographs out of the Mourlot Studios of France. These images exemplify Mourlot's work of the 19th Century as a French illustrator; the lithographs presented here are circa 1900. The 4 scenes depict what is considered today to be grotesque and humorous to the viewer and for much of the 20th Century were banned by the Art Community and boycotted by doctors (who were commonly the subject matter of Mourlot's works.)
Lower Left Lithograph: Humorously depicts "a headache" with multiple demons banging on the main character's head.
Upper Left Lithograph: Shows a man who is so unsure that he is alive, he is actually checking his own pulse and when he finds out he is still alive he is shocked.
Upper Right Lithograph: Humorously depicts what can only be described as a near death hangover - the scene revolves around many different abstract insights into the psyche of the main character, the man slouching asleep in an armchair. He is drunk, and having a nightmare about having died - being covered in a shroud at the bottom of the scene by the coroner, being visited by his doctor and attorney to read and revise his last will and testament atop the dining table, his grieving wife in the background depicted as a mouse, and another version of the coroner is awaiting the main character's death in the foreground, coffin in hand.
Lower Right Lithograph: The most provocative of the group, showing a married couple being prudent with their funds. They save money by performing dental work at home. The wife is performing a grueling tooth extraction that shows an exaggerated amount of pulled teeth and tools scattered across the floor and the oversized scale of teeth in the foreground of the lithograph adds to the overall shock factor intended by the artist.
These grotesque French scenes are iconic works of Mourlot. Expertly framed and presented in double beveled, acid-free matting, this unique and jarring art-piece is guaranteed to stir thought, turn heads, and provoke conversations for generations to come! Makes a great (and tongue-and-cheek) conversation piece for any room! less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $129
- Free Local Pickup in Richmond, VA
- Free Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 30 miles of 23219. 20837 does not qualify.
Wow! Antiques and Design in Richmond, VA
Wow! masterfully orchestrates the perfect union of old and new, the foundation of all exceptional ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.