Maison Jansen Hand-Painted Regency Chair
C.1855-1910; A rare, vintage, English Regency chair by the venerable furniture design house, Maison Jansen. This chair features a ...
more C.1855-1910; A rare, vintage, English Regency chair by the venerable furniture design house, Maison Jansen. This chair features a hand-rubbed, ebonized finish and original caned seat. A distinct mythological character (possibly Poseidon or Neptune) is showcased in hand-painted detail on the chair's back rest. Bamboo-motif front legs and crossbar stretchers also add elegant character to this hand-dowel jointed chair. Maker's mark markings on underside frame, J and serial numbers, with adjacent D and additional serial numbers.
Condition: Original, as-found condition. There are minor nicks and some wear to arm rest areas, due to use and era of manufacture. The seller decided to maintain the aged provenance by not restoring the chair, but they did add a loose upholstered seat cushion with button tufted details. The self welted cushion is covered in a viscose, flocked velvet featuring a geometric textile by Brentano Textiles called, "Quadro." Seat depth, 17." Seat height, 19.75." From an Upstate, NY Estate. less
- 21.75ʺW × 20.5ʺD × 33.75ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Belle Epoque, English Traditional, French, Hollywood Regency, Mid-Century Modern, Traditional
- Maison Jansen
- Shipping Options
- Estimated White Glove Shipping - $299
- Free Local Pickup in West Palm Beach,, FL
- $100 Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 60 miles of 33405. 20837 does not qualify.
Penned-Auras-Scene in West Palm Beach,, FL
We buy in mind; with a designers, discerning, eclectic sensibilities, and a collector's eye ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Accent Chairs for Living Room
- Accent Chairs with Arms
- Animal Print Accent Chairs
- Armless Accent Chairs
- Belle Epoque Side Chairs
- Black Side Chairs
- Brown Side Chairs
- English Traditional Side Chairs
- French Side Chairs
- Gold Side Chairs
- Gray Side Chairs
- Hollywood Regency Side Chairs
- Mid-Century Modern Side Chairs
- Round Accent Chairs
- Small Accent Chairs
- Textile Side Chairs
- Traditional Side Chairs
- Tufted Accent Chairs
- Unique Accent Chairs
- Velvet Side Chairs
- Vintage Accent Chairs
- Wood Side Chairs
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.