Urban Art-Artist Proof Ltd. Ed. Woodblock "Hidden Fury"-Thom Shaw-Signed/Dated-Apprx.40"x60"
" Hegemony Hidden Fury" Urban Art-Monumental Limited Edition Woodblock Print-Artist's Proof By Thom Shaw-Pencil Signed/Dated 1995 & Double Sealed-Usually Very ...
more" Hegemony Hidden Fury" Urban Art-Monumental Limited Edition Woodblock Print-Artist's Proof By Thom Shaw-Pencil Signed/Dated 1995 & Double Sealed-Usually Very Small Editions (10-15)-Matted, Backed by Foamboard and Shrinkwrapped-Apprx. 40" x 60" (Mat); 32.75" x 49.5"(Sight)-Hand Pulled By The Artist-Printed On Rice Paper.
Good condition consistent w/ age and use.
Most of his print editions never exceeded 10-15. Shaw pulled his own prints.
Shrinkwrap has clouded a bit due to age.
Should be framed. Some rippling of paper under the plastic. This is easily flattened when framed.
Pencil signed and artist double sealed in red and blue.
Artist proof as shown. Most of his print editions never exceeded 10-15.
Thom Shaw (USA/Cincinnati 1947-2010) is known for his stark black and white woodcuts which graphically depict the horrors of inner-city life (Taft: Museum of Art). He drew inspiration from the environment that he encountered as well as from his own personal struggles with chronic illnesses that plagued him during much of his life. His graphic work is outstanding.
Thom Shaw — one of Cincinnati’s best known and most admired contemporary artists — passed away on July 6, 2010, due to complications from diabetes.
Shaw's residency overlaped with the exhibition Black is a Color: African American Art from the Corcoran Gallery of Art September 23–November 20. The exhibition features works by African American artists who predominately used a black and white palette. Subject matter addresses issues such as racial and cultural heritage, identity, history, protest, and spirituality. Shaw's work perfectly complements the exhibition.
Selected One Man Exhibits:
2009: “Life Stories”, Art Beyond Boundaries
2006: “Choice of Weapons III”, Taft Museum of Art, Cincinnati, OH
2005: “Choice of Weapons II”, Artwork Gallery, Cincinnati, OH
2004: “Personal Impressions”, South Bend Museum, South Bend, IN
“Personal Impressions”, Sheldon Swope Museum of Art, Terre Haute, IN
“Personal Impressions”, Art Academy of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
“Personal Impressions”, Olin College Gallery, Kenyon College, Kenyon, OH
2003: “Personal Impressions”, Huntingdon Museum of Art, Huntingdon, WV
“Personal Impressions”, SUNY College At Oneonta, Oneonta, NY
2002: “Inner Sanctums, Urban Medals, & Other Short Subjects”, Cocelia Coker Gallery, Hartville, SC
2001: “Personal Impressions”, Dayton Visual Arts Center, Dayton, OH
“Inner Sanctums, Urban Medals, & Other Short Subjects”, Weston Gallery, Cincinnati, OH
“Choice of Weapons”, Phreibe Gallery, Oshkosh, WI
“Inner Sanctums, Urban Medals, & Other Short Subjects”, 1912 Gallery, Emery, VI
“Hardcore to the Edge”, Heistand Gallery, Oxford, OH less
- 32.75ʺW × 0.1ʺD × 49.5ʺH
- Art Subjects
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Very good Very good less
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
No questions or comments yet
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
The Chairish Buyer Guarantee ensures that you have complete peace of mind when
making a purchase on Chairish in the event that your item:
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is materially different than what you purchased
- All sales are final on Made-to-Order items, some jewelry and limited selection of other items as noted in the returns and cancellations section of the product description.
- For all other items, sales are final 48 hours after delivery (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below).
- To request a return, please email email@example.com and include the order number and the reason for your return request.
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales are final once buyer or buyer’s agent takes possession of an item.
- Upon inspection, if you decide not to move forward with the purchase, you or your agent must refuse the item at the time of pickup/delivery from the seller. Once you have taken possession of the item, all sales are final. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a refund.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason, with the exception of Made-to-Order items, where supplies have been purchased or work begun on the item.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return and you will be responsible for the cost of shipping.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type,, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.