William Spratling Monumental Bowl Sterling
This is a very unique and impressive, hand-carved from one piece of wood, huge bowl. It is by William Spratling ... moreThis is a very unique and impressive, hand-carved from one piece of wood, huge bowl. It is by William Spratling of Mexico and bears his conjoined "WS" Initials, burned to the bottom. It came out of very prominent estate here in Tulsa, ok. This could quite possibly be a one of a kind piece, it is SO LARGE. The bowl measures 32.5" long x 21" wide. It has concave sides, and also flares slightly upward at each end. It has his sterling inset "CONCH" designs to each handle end. The sterling is the Choluteca Conch cross section, symbol Spratling used in many Jewelry pieces. I believe it to be rosewood, as it is heavy. Or, possibly a dark stained mahogany. All of my years in dealing, and looking at Mexican silver, I can say I have never come across another one of these. It is Fantastic! It would make a great centrepiece bowl to fill up. We pictured it next to chair for scale, and it is resting on a tabletop (table not included). There looks to be an old wood patch to one handle that goes under silver, poss. in production from the factory. There is slight solver lifting due to wood shrinkage that is tight and will not budge. All minor for such a substantial item. less
- 32.5ʺW × 21ʺD × 3.75ʺH
- Mid 20th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
One bottom corner edge chip 1/2" x 3/8". One poss. factory patch repair on handle. Some silver ... moreGood
One bottom corner edge chip 1/2" x 3/8". One poss. factory patch repair on handle. Some silver lifting from wood shrinkage, very tight. (all Pictured)
Wear consistent with age and use. Minor losses. Minor structural damages. less
- Mid-Century Modern
- William Spratling
- Place of Origin
- Sterling Silver
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 3-6 weeks.
20837 does not qualify.
Mod50s Modern in Tulsa, OK
Modern design, art and antiques
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.