" Tadasky " Tadasuke Kuwayama Rare Vintage 1968 Mid Century Modern Framed Op Art Lithograph Print " Whirling Circles "
This " Tadasky " Tadasuke Kuwayama rare vintage 1968 Mid Century Modern custom framed Op Art collector's lithograph print " ...
moreThis " Tadasky " Tadasuke Kuwayama rare vintage 1968 Mid Century Modern custom framed Op Art collector's lithograph print " Whirling Circles " is an incredibly special and unique one of a kind print piece to add to your collection.
Printed in 1968 by Springbok Editions Inc. The lithograph print is a one of a kind proof print created for an in house presentation by Springbok Editions. In 1968 Springbok licensed the artwork image in cooperation with The Lowe Art Museum Miami Florida to create a special edition lithograph print art puzzle. It features a Mid Century Modern Op Art artwork created by Tadasky titled " Whirling Circles ". As this lithograph print was never published for commercial use it is a truly special, one of a kind very rare piece.
The framed lithograph print was held in the private collection of the creative executive who oversaw the special edition lithograph print puzzle project, Edwin R. Mallery ( 1923 - 2005 ) since it was printed in 1968.
Tadasky ( Tadasuke Kuwayama ) was born in Nagoya Japan in 1935, where his father was a well known maker of shinto shrines. Tadasky's primary body of work, begun in the early 1960's. features compositions of concentric circles that trigger optical color interaction and explore sensory stimulation. They are highly calculated and precisely created, consisting of thin, pulsating, vibrantly colored lines that seem to whirl and radiate outward from the center. He uses a special wheel adapted from a traditional Japanese technique that allows him to paint each ring perfectly.
His work has been identified with the Op Art movement since The Museum of Modern Art New York launched the much noticed " Responsive Eye " exhibition in the 1960's. His main connection with the other artists of the movement is an abiding admiration for the Bauhaus group. Tadasky said of his work " I've always wanted my work to be clear. The circle is a form from nature - one of the most common forms for humans, one that we can't avoid. So the circle is easy to understand and no explanation to appreciate ".
Tadasky's first solo exhibition was held at The Kootz Gallery in New York City in 1965. That same year his work was included in The Museum of Modern Art's groundbreaking exhibition " The Responsive Eye " and the museum acquired two of his paintings for their permanent collection. Artworks by Tadasky are included in the collections of many prestigious museums worldwide including The Albright Knox Gallery Buffalo, The Museum of Modern Art New York, The Lowe Art Museum Miami, The Harvard Art Museum Cambridge, The Museo De Arte Contemporaneo De Buenos Aires, and The Museum of Contemporary Art Nagoaka Japan.
The rare Op Art framed collector's lithograph print is custom period framed in 1968 by the venerable Max Granick Inc. Frames New York City. It is framed with glass in an exquisite Mid Century Modern style archival presentation in a matte black finish gilded gold leaf detailed Modern wood frame molding, with an unusual black velvet wrapped circle cut matting as a top layer overlay to the glass. There is an attached hanging wire on the reverse back side for easy wall installation.
It measures 26" W X 26" H X 1 1/2" D. It is in excellent vintage condition consistent with gae and light signs of handling and light wear to the frame molding. Please see photos for condition reference. It is now being offered here for an excellent price. less
- 26ʺW × 15ʺD × 26ʺH
- Various Artists
- Various Artists
- "Styled After"
- Victor Vasarely
- Gold Leaf
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- It is in excellent vintage condition consistent with age and light signs of handling and light wear to the frame ... moreIt is in excellent vintage condition consistent with age and light signs of handling and light wear to the frame molding. Please see photos for condition reference. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
DESIGN REVOLUTION in leawood, KS
- Super Seller 2018
DESIGN IS MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Japanese Woodblock Prints
- Botanical Prints
- Woodblock Prints
- Landscape Prints
- Framed Prints
- Black and White Prints
- Floral Prints
- Sun Prints
- Bird Prints
- Fish Prints
- Large Prints
- Screen Prints
- Angel Prints
- Matte Prints
- Mounted Prints
- Large Photo Prints
- Abstract Printmaking
- Aqua Printmaking
- Black Printmaking
- Blue Printmaking
- Cerulean Printmaking
- Glass Printmaking
- Gold Leaf Printmaking
- Gold Printmaking
- Kansas City Printmaking
- Lithograph Printmaking
- Mid-Century Modern Printmaking
- Op Art Printmaking
- Ornamental and Decorative Materials Printmaking
- Printmaking Materials Printmaking
- Red Printmaking
- Textile Printmaking
- Turquoise Printmaking
- Various Artists Printmaking
- Velvet Printmaking
- Wood Printmaking
- Yellow Printmaking
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.