Mid 19th Century Antique f.f. F. Barbedienne Louis XV Mantle Clock
This spectacular , gilt ( molten 22k gold ) bronze mantel clock was expertly crafted by the celebrated French bronzeur Ferdinand Barbedienne in ...
moreThis spectacular , gilt ( molten 22k gold ) bronze mantel clock was expertly crafted by the celebrated French bronzeur Ferdinand Barbedienne in the mid to late 19th century . Designed in the extravagant Louis XV style, the timepiece is a tour-de-force of the Rococo style . Sweeping scrolls and acanthus abound about the clock , crowned by a majestic putti. The quality and condition, both mechanically and aesthetically, of this clock make it an incredible acquisition for collectors of both clocks and sculpture. The importance and rarity of the piece is enhanced dramatically by the fact that the outer case & the (inner) workings bare the mark Barbedienne ..
Barbedienne was one of the most sought after founders of mid / late 19th century, France and carried contracts with some of Paris’ greatest sculptors. In partnership with Achille Collas, who invented a method for making reductions of sculptures, Barbedienne produced works by both his contemporaries such as Antoine-Louis Barye and masters like Michelangelo and Luca della Robbia. Today, pieces hailing from this foundry are extremely sought after by collectors.
Face signed " Barbedienne a Paris"
THE MOVEMENT IS ALSO SIGNED "F. Barbedienne a Paris" as well " circa 1860 " , and therein lies the happy surprise found after we purchased it in Paris. Our friendly Clockmaker in Paris nearly passed out. That fact makes this piece exceptionally rare.
Measures: 24.50 H x 17.5" W x 13" deep. for local pickup customers , we have a couple warehouses , we can give you that info later , but they are within 6 to 10 miles of our main address). THANK YOU
If You find it difficult to find shipping to your area through this site , we have a great solution with blanket wrapping and or crating and shipping through a very good transport company ( especially to New York ( eastern seaboard / southern states ) and Minneapolis ( the Midwest ) and anywhere in between South Florida and those areas ), even the west coast is possible , but costly of course .
Ferdinand Barbedienne was made knight (french Cavalier ) de la Legion d'Honneur during the second republic & Commander de la Legion d'Honneur during the 3rd Republic ( Napoleon III ) . It must be carefully shipped / transported and I personally have the clocks set by the local clockmaker when I purchase an additional clock when one arrives . Once moved it must be set the first time professionally ( at your home or office ) and then never again . The clock was repaired / cleaned in 2009 ( I think , see papers) and again in 2012 when I brought it over from Paris. The clock will need to be professionally boxed/ crated .
- 17.5ʺW × 13ʺD × 24.5ʺH
- Mid 19th Century
- Place of Origin
- Very Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- In Excellent antique condition , which you can see . The A on the face of the clock where it is marked ... moreIn Excellent antique condition , which you can see . The A on the face of the clock where it is marked B(A)rebedienne is half gone . it could be , but it would decrease the value , retouched by the clockmaker . less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Gregg S. in Fort Lauderdale, FL
As a Bicultural Franco-American , I spent most of my life in Paris ,France my mothers ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Alarm Clocks
- Antique Grandfather Clocks
- Bronze Clocks
- Bronze Clocks
- Clocks with Seconds
- Cuckoo Clocks
- F. Barbedienne Foundry Clocks
- Gold Clocks
- Gold Clocks
- Grandfather Clocks
- Large Wall Clocks
- Louis XV Clocks
- Mantel Clocks
- Metal Clocks
- Miami Clocks
- Pendulum Clocks
- Quartz Clocks
- Rococo Clocks
- Shelf Clocks
- Traditional Clocks
- Wall Clocks
- Wind Up Clocks
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.