Magnolia, Beacon Hill Boston by John Colette
Wonderful watercolor over an etching of Beacon Hill, Boston titled "Magnolia" by John Collette (American, 1941-1997), circa 1990. #126/400 ...
moreWonderful watercolor over an etching of Beacon Hill, Boston titled "Magnolia" by John Collette (American, 1941-1997), circa 1990. #126/400. Signed, numbered and titled lower edge. Condition: Excellent. Presented in rustic wood frame under glass. Image size: 27"H x 18"W. Framed size: 32"H x 23.50"W. His early work in watercolors and ink paved the way for the development of his distinctive hand colored etching technique. The underlying image is in black ink and an etching, the overlay of color is all hand brushed in watercolors by the artist, his own special technique.
John Collette was born in Boston, MA, December 25, 1941. His interest in art began in early childhood when he discovered the fun and excitement of drawing and painting. His first formal art training, in junior high school, was particularly helpful to his becoming an artist because his teacher, recognizing his talent, gave him more demanding assignments than his classmates and generously offered to enter John's work in national scholastic art competitions. Music was another of John's early interests and he studied several instruments and played in various musical groups while growing up. When he was ready for college he wanted to continue his musical studies. After passing an audition on piano, he was accepted as a music major at Boston University.
In 1963 John visited Quebec City, Canada. There decided to do some sketches of the quaint old parts of town. This led to his meeting a group of art students who had recently begun to exhibit their work on a narrow street. Rue du Tresor, just off the main square. They invited John to join them and the sketches he had just completed were shown and quickly sold for a few dollars. For the next several summers he worked in Quebec, experimenting with a wide variety of mediums and styles and finding a steady stream of buyers in the tourists who visited the city. The rest of the year, while attending Boston University, he continued to paint, selling his work through galleries in Boston and Philadelphia.
His early work in watercolors and ink paved the way for the development of his distinctive hand colored etching technique, to which he devoted himself for more than 25 years. John also did a series of paintings of the Hudson River Valley for limited edition giclee prints. John’s work is well-known in the United States and abroad, and is included in many private, corporate, and public collections. For the last 13 years of his life he spent most of his time in New England and Hawaii. John Collette passed away in Boston in September of 1997. less
- 23.5ʺW × 1ʺD × 32ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- excellent excellent less
- Place of Origin
- North America
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
Robert Azensky Fine Art in Soquel, CA
Located in Soquel, California, Robert Azensky has been buying and selling original California and American ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Horse Paintings
- Oil Paintings
- Portrait Paintings
- Nude Paintings
- Miniature Paintings
- Landscape Paintings
- Sunflower Paintings
- Flower Paintings
- Cat Paintings
- Surrealist Paintings
- Still Life Paintings
- Black and White Paintings
- 3D Paintings
- Sunset Paintings
- Greek Paintings
- Green Paintings
- Beach Paintings
- Gray Paintings
- Dot Paintings
- Cherry Blossom Paintings
- Etching Paintings
- Famous Paintings
- Forest Paintings
- Yellow Paintings
- Action Paintings
- Car Paintings
- Color Field Paintings
- House Paintings
- Moon Paintings
- Tree Paintings
- Classic Paintings
- Face Paintings
- Genre Paintings
- Printmaking Materials Paintings
- Venus Paintings
- Watercolor Paintings
- Airbrush Paintings
- Dark Gray Paintings
- Dark Green Paintings
- Dog Paintings
- Fruit Oil Paintings
- Galaxy Paintings
- Goldenrod Paintings
- Impressionism Paintings
- Rock Paintings
- Still Life Oil Paintings
- Venice Oil Paintings
- Watercolor Paintings
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.