1940s Original Lithograph After Pre-1396 Persian Painting by Junayad Naqqash Sultani
A gorgeous rare original vintage lithograph after Pre-1396 Persian painting Wedding Celebration of Prince Humay and Princess Humayun by Junayad ...
moreA gorgeous rare original vintage lithograph after Pre-1396 Persian painting Wedding Celebration of Prince Humay and Princess Humayun by Junayad Naqqash Sultani. Page from a manuscript of the Diwan of Khwaju Kirmani in the British Museum, copied in Baghdad in 798/1396 by Mir 'Ali Tabrizi. Signed in the print. From a rare art folio published in Switzerland in 1940. Limited edition. Printed on heavy wove paper, on one side. Numbered at the lower left corner. This is a 78 years old plate after the after the earliest signed Persian miniature known, and the only signed work of Junayd, who may however be considered the artist of the other wight miniatures in this manuscript. Excellent condition - never used.
The manuscript was copied in Baghdad while it was still in the possession of the Jala'ir sultan Ahmad and before its capture by Timur. The scribe Mir'Ali of Tabriz was the most famous in his day. The artist whose signature is to be found on the window above the dais in the centre of the composition was also very well-known. Dust Muhannad, writing in 1544, mentions him as an artist of Baghdad, the pupil os Ustrad Shams al-Din, court painter of Sultan Uways Jala'ir. 'Abdul-Hayy another pupil of Shams al-Din seems to have been even more highly esteemed.
- 9.5ʺW × 0.1ʺD × 13.75ʺH
- Place of Origin
- Very Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - never used Excellent - never used less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Print Shop in Dallas, TX
Welcome! Print Shop is a mother & son team and extension of Mira Parker Design & Antiques ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Miniature Paintings
- Oil Paintings
- Horse Paintings
- Asian Paintings
- Portrait Paintings
- Nude Paintings
- Sunflower Paintings
- Gray Paintings
- White Paintings
- Tan Paintings
- Blue Paintings
- Surrealist Paintings
- Cat Paintings
- Landscape Paintings
- Beach Paintings
- Dallas Paintings
- Flower Paintings
- 3D Paintings
- Black and White Paintings
- Red Paintings
- Still Life Paintings
- Green Paintings
- Yellow Paintings
- Black Paintings
- Color Field Paintings
- Sunset Paintings
- Turquoise Paintings
- Action Paintings
- Burnt Orange Paintings
- Amber Paintings
- Boho Chic Paintings
- Cherry Blossom Paintings
- Dot Paintings
- Greek Paintings
- Tree Paintings
- Car Paintings
- Orange Paintings
- Antique White Paintings
- Forest Paintings
- Genre Paintings
- Asian Antique Paintings
- Classic Paintings
- Face Paintings
- Famous Paintings
- Islamic Paintings
- Lithograph Paintings
- Persian Paintings
- Printmaking Materials Paintings
- Rock Paintings
- Anglo-Indian Paintings
- House Paintings
- Moon Paintings
- Brick Red Paintings
- Celadon Paintings
- Dark Gray Paintings
- Ecru Paintings
- Venus Paintings
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.