Adirondack Peters Vintage Snow Scooter
A vintage downhill snow toy dating back to the 1930s and 1940s, made by Adirondack Peters, a New York manufacturer ...
more A vintage downhill snow toy dating back to the 1930s and 1940s, made by Adirondack Peters, a New York manufacturer of wooden sports equipment, such as baseball bats. It is a snow scooter on skis with steering handlebars and looks like a tricycle on skis instead of wheels. What remains of the manufacturer's logo on the sled has a very Art Deco design in black and silver. The frame and skis are made of solid wood, and the seat is made of Masonite. The handlebars are metal tubing with a portion painted black and red plastic or rubber grips. Colors are natural wood, red and blue. Some of the paint may be original, but portions have been repainted. There are footrests on the front section below the handlebars. The handlebars and front ski are fastened together with a single long screw and nut, which will be removed for shipping. Reassembly instructions (extremely simple) will be included.
39 in. long
16 in. wide
8 in. high to seat
13 in. high to handlebars
Seat is 15 3/4 x 12 in.
Back skis are about 15 in. apart
The snow scooter or sled has seen a lot of use. The front ski has a break along the long edge and was repainted blue, but the missing piece of wood was not replaced. There is a repair to the front ski where some portions were re-glued and screws added. See photos for detailed views. In spite of the use and repair, the scooter is very sturdy, and a great addition to any antique toy or sports equipment collection, or children's photo prop. less
- 39.0ʺW × 16.0ʺD × 13.0ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
- Art Deco
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $75
- Free Local Pickup in Rome, GA
- Free Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 5 miles of 30161.
Alegria Collection in Rome, GA
At Alegria Collection you will find vintage home décor, housewares, art, jewelry and unique gifts ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.