Westnofa brought the leading furniture manufacturers of Norway together in the 1950s, to market and export their locally produced furniture to the global market. This umbrella company fostered the growth of world-renowned furniture designers and manufacturers. Their innovative, contemporary designs put Norway on the map as one of the best sources of fine European furniture. One of the manufacturers under Westnofa was Vestlandske, who produced the iconic Siesta Chair. Designed by Ingmar Relling, the Siesta Chair is one of the most notable products of Norwegian design, a luxurious leather lounge chair. The soft cushions with a highly curved laminated wood frame create a beautiful, light chair that offers a great place for rest. With the great success of the Siesta chair, the iconic shape of its base used for a number of other pieces, like side tables to perfectly match the chairs they lived next to. Another trend of contemporary European design was cantilever chairs, and Westnofa’s manufacturers produced no shortage of these. They were right in line with the growing trend of minimalist style that aimed to create an open environment without excessive details that resulted in visual clutter. Many designers under the Westnofa umbrella liked to use laminated timber, since it could be easily flat-packed and sent around the world to be reconstructed in homes. At the same time, high-quality upholstery was used to reinforce the value and richness of each item. Chairish has a large collection of Westnofa furniture, waiting to be discovered!
Questions & Answers
- How many vintage Westnofa items does Chairish have in stock?
- We have 90+ vintage Westnofa items in stock.
- What types of Westnofa products do you have?
- We have a variety of Westnofa products in stock, including Furniture, Seating, and Accent Chairs.
- Does Chairish have Westnofa items on sale?
- Yes! We have 10+ Westnofa items on sale.
- What are the shipping options for Westnofa items?
- Westnofa items can be shipped to you, and many can be picked up locally.