Here are some of our favorite stories from around the web this past week. Enjoy the eye candy!
- We are obsessed with artist Zoë Buckman’s Brooklyn loft and you should be too. AD took a tour of the artist’s home which is part studio, part gallery and ALL around sensational. TBH, the warm tones and feminine patterns have us giddy with appreciation. PS: Don’t miss the vintage bra and petticoat with hip-hop lyrics hanging over the master bed.
- The Callie Hotel in Brisbane will have even those returning from vacation craving some down time at this sorbet-hued hotel. Rue Mag gave us a peek at the whimsical vibes curated by design firm Richards and Spence, and we are ready for our first vacation of 2020. Who’s with us?
- Parisian designer Rodolphe Parente’s latest work, which is the renovation of a stunning pied-à-terre in Paris, is pure art. The space is chock full of vivid colors, eye-catching textures and Parente’s own bespoke furniture. Oh, and let’s not forget the Picasso ceramics and other haute heirlooms mixed into all of the exquisite art, too. Casual. (T Magazine)
- This interview with Bon Appétit’s wine editor Marissa Ross on home entertaining will bust all of your myths. Yes, a mix of red and white wines with entrees can work. Yes, red cups are fine if you don’t have the right glassware on hand. Our favorite part: yes, wine can be chugged. Hurrah! Here is a wine connoisseur we can really get behind. (Lonny)
- The overindulging of last month has us craving soups and healthy meals. This recipe for Miso Sweet Potato & Cauliflower Bisque from Dishing Up The Dirt is just perfect for supper on a cold January evening. Or brunch. Any excuse to have this delicious soup, really!
ICYMI from Chairish: