Here are some of our favorite stories from around the web this past week. Enjoy the eye candy!
- AD has a tour inside the recently renovated Tribeca loft of artist Ryan McGinness. Aside from some enviable NYC square footage, his extensive and eclectic art collection (think Andy Warhol, Shepard Fairey, and Anthony Goicolea) is the star of this quirky family home.
- Rue Mag has a stunning condo tour by Lisa Gilmore Designs that makes a great case for painting your walls black. As the tour proves, inky walls provide the perfect backdrop for an eclectic collection of Art Deco and Arts & Crafts art and antiques. This gallery is a true treasure hunt!
- This must be the week of ultra chic apartments because T Magazine has a tour of a Milan apartment by Marcante-Testa that is a visual Mid-Century feast. Designers took the unit from a tired 1960s space into a vividly colored, celebration of Italian modernism. You’ll want to read through this thoughtful transformation!.
- Perhaps you’ve seen Fluffy Japanese Pancakes floating around the online food space, but deemed the mega pancakes out of your baking comfort zone. Luckily for you, I am a Food Blog has whipped up a foolproof recipe that even the most baking challenged can take part in. These are sure to wow at your next brunch gathering!
- We’re contemplating a trip up north solely to stay at this darling Nova Scotia inn fully renovated by cousins-turned-business-partners. The interiors are simple yet totally charming and underscored with decor from local artisans. This is the seaside escape we’ll be dreaming of as the temps start to creep upwards! (Design*Sponge)
ICYMI from Chairish: