Here are some of our favorite stories from around the web this past week. Enjoy the eye candy!
- How do you pull off pink walls in the living room? With contrast. Designer Carmel Greer opened up her new family home in Washington DC and we are obsessed! A boldly-wallpapered office, dark green velvet armchairs in the living room, and luscious banquette seating in the kitchen—Can you say posh posh posh? (Elle Decor)
- Showroom or living room—it’s hard to tell the difference in art dealer Rhett Baruch’s chic L.A. digs. From a leather coat tree by Coach in the living room to a 1990s French papier-mâché mirror in the kitchen, it’s surprise galore at every turn. (The New York Times)
- Fresh ingredients, family-style dinners and foods that tell a story—consider this is a Greek salute from chef Mina Stone, who opened a casual (Greek, of course!) restaurant in MoMA PS1 in Queens last month. The NYT has the scoop, plus Mina’s expert tips for recreating a similar vibe at your next dinner party. Yamas!
- Pack your bags and leave your winter coats behind. AD’s sensational list of seven desert hotels (local and international) is giving us MAJOR vacation goals. Cacti, desert blooms and clear night skies—count us in!
- If you have a small apartment but BIG LOVE for Christmas, worry not, Josh Young is here to help. Domino spoke to the designer and artist for tips on how to maximize the holiday spirit without cramping your style. Bonus! Josh also shared his holiday party music list and it’s goooood.
- We think of Studio Peregalli’s Laura Sartori Rimini and Roberto Peregalli as exquisite jewelers. Why? Take a look at this jewel of a retreat in the Bavarian forest. We take it that there are no more questions. (AD)
- The Holidays are a great time to set the tone for the upcoming year. And what better way to amp up style than with cocktails? From rosé-Aperol spritz to hard cider sangria and champagne cocktails, Bon Appétit has the definitive list of delish cocktails (there are 62! SIXTY TWO!) to get you through all the dinners, brunches and parties this month. Cheers!
ICYMI from Chairish: