- Room Accents & Accessories
- Vessels & Vases
- 1941 Nelson McCoy Matte Pink Two Handled Amphor...
1941 Nelson McCoy Matte Pink Two Handled Amphora Vase
This Matte Pink Two Handled Vase in an ancient grecian form, is a fantastic Mid Century piece by Nelson McCoy ...
more This Matte Pink Two Handled Vase in an ancient grecian form, is a fantastic Mid Century piece by Nelson McCoy Pottery at the tale end of the Art Deco period and the beginning of Mid Century Modern. This piece was designed by lead McCoy design Sidney Cope and was produced in 1941. It has Such fantastic lines I can't stand it!!!
It is marked USA as many pottery companies chose to do for their markings during World War II in order to be more about Country verses brand as many of their workers had been called off to war (I just learned this little bit of McCoy trivia and find it fascinating.) The USA with no periods and the S slightly larger was a way to know it was a McCoy. I found this piece was produced in 1941. .
I love its creamy ballet slipper pink matte glaze that just drips on irregularly on the bottom. This juxtaposed next to the formal Neoclassical form makes for a very modern reimagining of the past -- a very specific attribute of late Art Deco to early Mid Century Modern design. This piece has no chips or cracks, although it does have some surface dirt that didn't remove with a quick rinse with down and water. Like all McCoy this is a highly collectible piece. less
- 5.25ʺW × 5.25ʺD × 9.25ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Artemis On Delos in New York, NY
I see amazing things everywhere. My style is eclectic -- from midcentury modern and hollywood regency ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.