Vintage English Rose Chintz China Service - Set of 75
Lovely Johnson Brothers "Rose Chintz" vintage transferware china from England. Use as a single pattern table service or as a ...
moreLovely Johnson Brothers "Rose Chintz" vintage transferware china from England. Use as a single pattern table service or as a base for a stylish mismatched china collection.
Johnson Brothers was founded in Hanley, England in 1882 producing beautiful and durable ironstone china from the local clays. This Rose Chintz pattern, one of their most popular, started production in the 1930's. Those original pieces can be identified by the pink maker's mark on the bottom as shown in the photos; later trademarks were generally rendered in black. In the 1950s, Johnson Brothers was awarded a Royal Warrant as the official provider of china to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and HRH Queen Mother. The pattern is discontinued but individual pieces (of various dates) are readily available to expand the set thanks to the incredible popularity of this pattern.
The 75 piece set includes the following: 9 dinner plates (9.9" dia.); 8 sq. salad plates (7.6" sq.); 1 round salad plate (7.9" dia.); 7 bread & butter plates (6.25"dia.); 10 sq. cereal bowls (6.25" sq.); 10 fruit/dessert/sauce bowls (5.2"dia.); 2 cream soup bowls (8" dia.); 11 cups & saucer sets (2.4"dia cup, 5.5"dia. saucer); 1 round serving bowl (8.4"dia.); 1 oval serving bowl (8.8"l); 1 square serving bowl (7.25"sq.); 1 gravy boat w/ separate oval underplate (8.5"l); 1 teapot w/ lid (4.8"dia, 4 cup capacity).
Condition is good with 19 pieces with minor chips, crazing, or hairline cracks; all usable pieces. Major chip on teapot spout (as shown). Some variation in date of manufacture/replaced pieces in set. Set has been priced accordingly. less
- 9.9ʺW × 9.9ʺD × 1ʺH
- Johnson Brothers
- Johnson Brothers
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Chez Vous Antiques in Tulsa, OK
Chez Vous Antiques offers unique decorative accessories, focal-point furniture, & one-of-a-kind lighting to enhance and personalize ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- English Traditional Dinnerware
- Johnson Brothers Dinnerware
- Pink Dinnerware
- Green Dinnerware
- Shabby Chic Dinnerware
- Victorian Dinnerware
- Restaurant Dinnerware
- Blue Dinnerware
- Ceramic Dinnerware
- Traditional Dinnerware
- White Dinnerware
- Rustic Dinnerware
- Earthenware Dinnerware
- Cottage Dinnerware
- Ironstone Dinnerware
- Rose Dinnerware
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.