Chaim Gross Signed Mother Daughter Lithograph
This product is no longer available
Note from the seller: "This was personally given to me by Mr. Gross from his atelier in Greenwich Village about ...
Note from the seller: "This was personally given to me by Mr. Gross from his atelier in Greenwich Village about 30-40 years ago. This touching example of a mother playing with her little girl is distinctive in its softness of the Cubist forms and delicate lines. Artist: Chaim GrossSignature: In pencil, lower right."
Medium: Lithograph on paper
Edition: Artist Proof, marked A.P. in pencil, lower left
Size: 23 x 30 inches
More about the Artist: Chaim Gross (1904 - 1991) is recognized as a talented wood sculptor, yet he was also a highly esteemed printmaker, especially in lithography. He was born in Austria into a family of Hasidic Jews, and came to the United States in 1921. He studied at the Educational Alliance in New York and at the Art Students League. His exhibits soon included shows at the Metropolitan Museum, the Museum of Modern Art, the Boston Museum of Fine Arts, the Chicago Art Institute, and at the Whitney Museum of American Art. He did commissioned work for the Main Post Office, Washington, DC, the Hadassah Hospital, Jerusalem, and the Temple Shaaray Tefila, New York. less
- 10.5ʺW × 1.0ʺD × 20.5ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $19
- Free Local Pickup in Scottsdale, AZ
We Love Lucite in Scottsdale, AZ
Here you will find quality items that we personally select for their rarity and ‘wow ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.