Late 1800s Decorum Treatise On Etiquette And Dress Book
Decorum Treatise On Etiquette and Dress published by J.A. Ruth & Co. 1878. This book outlines the etiquette of ...
moreDecorum Treatise On Etiquette and Dress published by J.A. Ruth & Co. 1878. This book outlines the etiquette of social situations and dress in the late 1800s. Interesting look into an era that had hard rules for those of a certain social status. Please see below for the table of contents. All pages are clean and complete. The cover shows wear consistent with its age. This is a lovely book that would be a wonderful library addition or display item. If you are writing about this time period or making a movie this is a must-have informative book on the social norms & customs of the period. Please review the photographs to see the condition details up close.
Table of Contents:
Chapter 1: Introductory
Chapter II: Entrance Into Society
Chapter III: Introductions
Chapter IV: Salutations
Chapter V: Social Intercourse
Chapter VI: Conversation
Chapter VII: Visits
Chapter VIII: Dinner Parties and Balls
Chapter IX: Street Etiquette
Chapter X: Riding and Driving
Chapter XI: Traveling
Chapter XII: Etiquette of Public Places
Chapter XIII: Letter Writing
Chapter XIV: Courtship and Marriage
Chapter XV: Domestic Etiquette and Duties
Chapter XVI: Table Etiquette
Chapter XVII: Miscellaneous Rules of Etiquette
Chapter XVIII: Washington Etiquette
Chapter XIX: Business
Chapter XX: Anniversary Weddings
Chapter XXI: Funerals
Chapter XXII: Dress
Chapter XXIII: Harmony of Color in Dress
Chapter XXIV: The Toilette
Chapter XXV: Toilette Recipes less
- 5.5ʺW × 1.25ʺD × 7.75ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Fair - Has lived a "full life" and has a distressed look with noticeable wear Fair - Has lived a "full life" and has a distressed look with noticeable wear less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Vintage4Design in Ludington, MI
Vintage4Design: Vintage & Antique Archeologists! Ever wanted help sourcing vintage items for your project, event, client ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.