California Dreaming by Max Flandorfer
Gorgeous and evocative oil painting titled "Shadows and Hues" by Max Flandorfer (American, b. 1962). Living in Carmel Valley, California ... moreGorgeous and evocative oil painting titled "Shadows and Hues" by Max Flandorfer (American, b. 1962). Living in Carmel Valley, California and Ocean Springs, Mississippi, Max Flandorfer primarily paints plein air, and evokes a restful, contemplative stillness in his work. Signed "Max Flandorfer" lower left and on verso "2009". Image, 12"H x 14"W, in carved giltwood frame. Artists Statement: I grew up in Miami during the 60's. I was always drawing from an early age. My early influences were from spending the summers in the Florida keys ,and the Everglades. The colorful tropical landscape, the palms and emerald green ,and blues of the ocean are still a fresh vision in my mind. My family moved to Ocean Springs ,Ms. in the late 70's, and after a year or 2, moved to the Monterey Peninsula in California were I have been for the past 20+ years. I was mostly self taught ,but took several illustration ,and watercolor classes at Monterey Peninsula College with Instructor Jane Miller. Her encouragement, and the rich influence of the early Monterey Artists colony influenced my pursuit of the landscape in paint, and canvas. In 2005 I moved back to Ocean Springs to help my Mother and take a painting sabbatical. After being there 3 months we were hit by Hurricane Katrina. We received 8 feet of water, and we lost alot of personal items and early work. We made it through, and are rebuilding..... From adversity comes renewel,and since the hurricane I have taken a more focused, and revitalized approach to my work. The first pages on my web page are my work since the storm. In some small sense I am thankful for all the storm brought me...appreciation for Family, Friends, and what's truly important in life. In my Art I try to capture that peace ,and serenity that can only be found in nature. I try to capture the humble beauty,and spiritual peace of the unspoiled landscape ( either from nature ,or my mind ). We seemed determined to take that bastion of serenity ,and fill it ,or pave it over. I hope to capture that unspoiled place,and preserve it, and remind us of the paradise we can experience now. Hope you enjoy my latest efforts. Titled and dated "2012" on verso. Image, 16"H x 20"W. less
- 19ʺW × 2ʺD × 22ʺH
- 2000 - 2009
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Oil Paint
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
Robert Azensky Fine Art in Soquel, CA
Located in Soquel, California, Robert Azensky has been buying and selling original California and American ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Horse Paintings
- Oil Paintings
- Portrait Paintings
- Nude Paintings
- Miniature Paintings
- Landscape Paintings
- Sunflower Paintings
- Flower Paintings
- Cat Paintings
- Surrealist Paintings
- Still Life Paintings
- Black and White Paintings
- Blue Paintings
- 3D Paintings
- Sunset Paintings
- Greek Paintings
- Green Paintings
- Beach Paintings
- Wood Paintings
- Dot Paintings
- Cherry Blossom Paintings
- Famous Paintings
- Forest Paintings
- Yellow Paintings
- Car Paintings
- Color Field Paintings
- Red Paintings
- Action Paintings
- House Paintings
- Moon Paintings
- Face Paintings
- Tree Paintings
- Classic Paintings
- Genre Paintings
- Oil Paint Paintings
- Venus Paintings
- Watercolor Paintings
- Airbrush Paintings
- Dog Paintings
- Fruit Oil Paintings
- Galaxy Paintings
- Impressionism Paintings
- Rock Paintings
- Still Life Oil Paintings
- Venice Oil Paintings
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.