Empire Revival His & Hers Chairs - a Pair
This product is no longer available.
We thought that we were getting a pair of Empire period chairs when we found these near Washington, D.C ...
more We thought that we were getting a pair of Empire period chairs when we found these near Washington, D.C. We thought that the wood was a dark cherry or mahogany. We thought wrong. This pair of chairs required extensive, meticulous, and laborious hours of restoration; and in the process, we discovered that the wood was a deeply stained poplar rather than cherry or mahogany. That takes nothing from the beautifully carved acanthus leaves on the crest. To the contrary, it shows that the talented maker of these chairs demonstrated superb craftsmanship in producing these chairs for the Empire revival market during the late 1800s – disguising the more readily available poplar while embellishing the chairs with the acanthus motifs so popular in Empire furniture. When we went looking for an appropriate upholstery fabric, we found a perfect period damask in gold and red with an acanthus leaf design that replicates the acanthus leaves on the crest. We used a matching gold on the back of the chairs to add just a pop of glamor.
These chairs will certainly dress up your entry hall, living room, or even a corner of your bedroom. Not only are these chairs sturdy, but they are also comfortable. The seats and back have been totally rebuilt by a master upholsterer. The captain’s chair measures 42 inches high at the crest and 19 inches high at the seat; it is 27 inches wide and 25 inches deep. The smaller lady’s chair measures 41 inches high at the crest and 18 ½ inches high at the seat; it is 22 inches wide and 21 inches deep. The casters are new. These chairs are in excellent restored condition. less
- 27.0ʺW × 25.0ʺD × 42.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Danville, VA
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
Møbelhuset i Virginia in Danville, VA
Scouring the countryside across D.C., Virginia, and the Carolinas with a Scandinavian eye and ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Accent Chairs for Living Room
- Accent Chairs with Arms
- Animal Print Accent Chairs
- Armless Accent Chairs
- Empire Side Chairs
- Gold Side Chairs
- Hollywood Regency Side Chairs
- Red Side Chairs
- Regency Side Chairs
- Round Accent Chairs
- Small Accent Chairs
- Tufted Accent Chairs
- Unique Accent Chairs
- Vintage Accent Chairs
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.