Empire Revival His & Hers Chairs - a Pair
This product is no longer available.
We thought that we were getting a pair of Empire period chairs when we found these near Washington, D.C ...
more We thought that we were getting a pair of Empire period chairs when we found these near Washington, D.C. We thought that the wood was a dark cherry or mahogany. We thought wrong. This pair of chairs required extensive, meticulous, and laborious hours of restoration; and in the process, we discovered that the wood was a deeply stained poplar rather than cherry or mahogany. That takes nothing from the beautifully carved acanthus leaves on the crest. To the contrary, it shows that the talented maker of these chairs demonstrated superb craftsmanship in producing these chairs for the Empire revival market during the late 1800s – disguising the more readily available poplar while embellishing the chairs with the acanthus motifs so popular in Empire furniture. When we went looking for an appropriate upholstery fabric, we found a perfect period damask in gold and red with an acanthus leaf design that replicates the acanthus leaves on the crest. We used a matching gold on the back of the chairs to add just a pop of glamor.
These chairs will certainly dress up your entry hall, living room, or even a corner of your bedroom. Not only are these chairs sturdy, but they are also comfortable. The seats and back have been totally rebuilt by a master upholsterer. The captain’s chair measures 42 inches high at the crest and 19 inches high at the seat; it is 27 inches wide and 25 inches deep. The smaller lady’s chair measures 41 inches high at the crest and 18 ½ inches high at the seat; it is 22 inches wide and 21 inches deep. The casters are new. These chairs are in excellent restored condition. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Danville, VA
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
Møbelhuset i Virginia in Danville, VA
Scouring the countryside across D.C., Virginia, and the Carolinas with a Scandinavian eye and ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Accent Chairs for Living Room
- Accent Chairs with Arms
- Animal Print Accent Chairs
- Armless Accent Chairs
- Bedroom Accent Chairs
- Black and White Accent Chairs
- Blue and White Accent Chairs
- Cow Hide Accent Chairs
- Empire Side Chairs
- Floral Accent Chairs
- Gold Side Chairs
- High Back Accent Chairs
- Paris Accent Chairs
- Patterned Accent Chairs
- Reclining Accent Chairs
- Red Side Chairs
- Regency Side Chairs
- Round Accent Chairs
- Small Accent Chairs
- Striped Accent Chairs
- Studded Accent Chairs
- Swivel Accent Chairs
- Tufted Accent Chairs
- Unique Accent Chairs
- Upholstered Accent Chairs
- Vintage Accent Chairs
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.