Rosenthal Medallion 1963 Porcelain China Set
This product is no longer available.
A stunning Rosenthal Medallion 1963 Porcelain coffee/tea service. The set includes a milk creamer and coffee pot in a ...
more A stunning Rosenthal Medallion 1963 Porcelain coffee/tea service. The set includes a milk creamer and coffee pot in a Mid-Century modern graphic design. The china is in Primo condition, no chips or wear. These have obviously not been used except for display.
Note from seller: Remarkably, I once found the matching original magazine ad for this set on Ebay so this set comes accompanied by this ad. The magazine ad has two minor scuffs on the top of the paper.
About the designer:
Hans Theo Baumann
* 1924 Basel - lebt in Schopfheim
The Swiss designer Hans Theo Baumann served an apprenticeship as a textile technician before studying from 1943 to 1946 at the Akademie der bildenden Künste in Dresden and subsequently studying graphic design and interior decoration at the Kunstgewerbeschule in Basel. In 1955 Hans Theo Baumann opened a studio. By 1954 Hans Theo Baumann was freelancing for Rosenthal, a collaboration that would continue on into the 1970s. Companies for whom Hans Theo Baumann designed ceramics and glass objects include Thomas, Arzberg, KPM, Süssmuth, and Schönwald. Characteristic features of pieces designed by Hans Theo Baumann are clear geometric forms, the use of white, often without decoration, and softly rounded corners. In 1970 Hans Theo Baumann designed "Berlin", a successful service and cutlery range for Rosenthal. For Arzberg Hans Theo Baumann designed the services "3000" (1971), "Donau" (1973), "Turku" (1973), "Brasilia" (1975), and "Delta" (1977), as well as vases and other tableware. In 1959 Hans Theo Baumann was a founding member of the Verband Deutscher Industrie Designer (VDID: Association of German Industrial Designers) and was president of it until 1970.
- 8ʺW × 9ʺD × 4ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
- Mid-Century Modern
Jasmien H. in novato, CA
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.