Rosenthal Medallion 1963 Porcelain China Set
This product is no longer available.
A stunning Rosenthal Medallion 1963 Porcelain coffee/tea service. The set includes a milk creamer and coffee pot in a ...
more A stunning Rosenthal Medallion 1963 Porcelain coffee/tea service. The set includes a milk creamer and coffee pot in a Mid-Century modern graphic design. The china is in Primo condition, no chips or wear. These have obviously not been used except for display.
Note from seller: Remarkably, I once found the matching original magazine ad for this set on Ebay so this set comes accompanied by this ad. The magazine ad has two minor scuffs on the top of the paper.
About the designer:
Hans Theo Baumann
* 1924 Basel - lebt in Schopfheim
The Swiss designer Hans Theo Baumann served an apprenticeship as a textile technician before studying from 1943 to 1946 at the Akademie der bildenden Künste in Dresden and subsequently studying graphic design and interior decoration at the Kunstgewerbeschule in Basel. In 1955 Hans Theo Baumann opened a studio. By 1954 Hans Theo Baumann was freelancing for Rosenthal, a collaboration that would continue on into the 1970s. Companies for whom Hans Theo Baumann designed ceramics and glass objects include Thomas, Arzberg, KPM, Süssmuth, and Schönwald. Characteristic features of pieces designed by Hans Theo Baumann are clear geometric forms, the use of white, often without decoration, and softly rounded corners. In 1970 Hans Theo Baumann designed "Berlin", a successful service and cutlery range for Rosenthal. For Arzberg Hans Theo Baumann designed the services "3000" (1971), "Donau" (1973), "Turku" (1973), "Brasilia" (1975), and "Delta" (1977), as well as vases and other tableware. In 1959 Hans Theo Baumann was a founding member of the Verband Deutscher Industrie Designer (VDID: Association of German Industrial Designers) and was president of it until 1970.
- 8.0ʺW × 9.0ʺD × 4.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Mid-Century Modern
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $19
- Free Local Pickup in novato, CA
Jasmien H. in novato, CA
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.