Vintage Room Size Turkish Kilim - 8'5" x 11'6"
Rare size, one of a kind mid 20th century handmade Turkish Kilim in bright colors.
Kilims, primarily refer to a ... more Rare size, one of a kind mid 20th century handmade Turkish Kilim in bright colors.
Kilims, primarily refer to a type of flat woven rug that was produced without knotted pile.
Since this is one of the oldest methods of rug production, it is considered to be primitive compared to Oriental & Traditional knotted rugs. Comprised of simple interlocking strands of wool, , they are very durable, decorative and used for many purposes. Some of these uses include, clothing, shelter, storage, floor coverings, textile, throw pieces & pillows
Once overlooked as utilitarian, low status items, antique & vintage Kilims are now prized as some of the most powerful and authentic weavings of the Middle East. Kilim is a Turkish word denoting Caucasus made in simple flat-woven or tapestry technique, in which the pattern is produced entirely by horizontal wefts that cover the vertical warps. This technique makes it very difficult to produce continuous vertical linear separations of color in the design, so Kilims often have a stepped effect. While the weaving quality of kilims can be fine, they tend to rely more on large-scale patterns with striking drawing and effects of color.
The most well known Kilims are those of Turkey , which are varied in type and effect, but Caucasian and Persian Kilim rugs are also appreciated nowadays for their color and high technical skill. Given their thinner, supple structure, Kilim rugs are usable not only as decorative floor covering, but also as wall hangings and on furniture or bed coverlets as well. less
- 8′5″ × 11′6″ and 1.0″ thick
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $179
- Free Local Pickup in new york, NY
J & D Oriental Rug Co. in new york, NY
We are a 3rd generation family-owned company with a passion for Antique & Vintage One of ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Boho Chic Traditional Handmade Rugs
- New York Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Orange Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Pink Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Primitive Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Red Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Southwestern Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Teal Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Turkish Traditional Handmade Rugs
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.