1998 Christopher Le Brun Untitled Abstract Monotype
This product is no longer available.
Christopher Le Brun (b. 1951) lives and works in London. Born in Portsmouth, he trained at the Slade and Chelsea ...
more Christopher Le Brun (b. 1951) lives and works in London. Born in Portsmouth, he trained at the Slade and Chelsea Schools of Art in London.
Early in his career, he appeared in numerous group exhibitions, such as the influential Zeitgeist exhibition at the Martin-Gropius Bau, Berlin, and from 1980 on, in many solo exhibitions in Britain, Europe and America. Le Brun participated in the Venice Biennale in 1982 and received the prestigious John Moores Prize in 1978 and 1980. From 1987-88 he worked in Berlin as a guest of the DAAD artist’s programme.
Between 1990 and 2003 he served as a trustee of the Tate and subsequently of the National Gallery, a period which saw his involvement in the radical developments of Tate at Bankside, Liverpool and St. Ives as well as the masterplan and re-development of the east wing of the National Gallery. In 2010, he was made an Honorary Fellow of the University of Arts in London. He was elected President of the Royal Academy in December 2011, the 26th President since Sir Joshua Reynolds and the youngest since Lord Leighton in 1878.
Le Brun’s work is in numerous public collections, including the British Museum, London; National Portrait Gallery, London; Victoria and Albert Museum, London; The Museum of Contemporary Art, Oslo; Museum of Modern Art, New York; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York; High Museum, Atlanta, among others.
Custom framed measurements: 35.75"H x 35"W x 2"D less
- 36.0ʺW × 0.2ʺD × 36.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Abstract Expressionism
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Boulder, CO
- Free Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 10 miles of 80301.
Joan S. in Boulder, CO
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.