Raymond Whyte "Nudes on Zebras" Surreal Oil Painting
Raymond Whyte - Nudes on Zebras - Oil Painting -Surreal
painting on board size 20x24"
(1923 - 2002) Raymond A. Whyte was ... more Raymond Whyte - Nudes on Zebras - Oil Painting -Surreal
painting on board size 20x24"
(1923 - 2002) Raymond A. Whyte was active/lived in New Jersey, Alberta. Raymond Whyte is known for surrealist, portrait, figure,
also for his trompe l'oeil, still life and portrait paintings, Whyte uses his technique, craftsmanship and color choices to create a mixture of realism and mysticism giving many of his works a dimension of eternity.
Public & High School in New York City; Awarded citywide scholarship to Art Students League, New York City.
Served in US Army Signal Corp and the Royal Canadian Air Force as Navigator.
University of Toronto, 7 years, studying with Kunyoshi, Bouche, Brackman, Dumond, Vytlacil, Barnet. and Edwin Dickinson. at the Students Art League in NYC.
Continued studies in France, England, Italy, Spain, Japan, China, Egypt, Netherlands, etc.
He held 31 solo exhibitions in New York City, San Francisco, Houston, Naples, London & Paris, including the de Saisset Museum of Art and Crocker Art Museum. Also included in shows at Houston Museum; Bridgeport Art Museum; Columbia Museum of Art; Butler Institute; Malcom Forbes Exhibitions; Allied Artists; Audubon Artist; De Beers Museum; Art Students League Diamond Jubilee; Invited American Family Portraits, Commissions for Look Magazine National Academy etc..
Elected as Signature Artist, Miniature Artists of America.
Awarded Academia Italia Gold Medal, New York City TV Channel 7
Miniature Artist of Florida where he has won numerous awards.
De Beers Museum; South Africa; Crocker Art Museu; Mills College; Robert Louis Stevenson School, de Saisset Museum of Art; Malcolm Forbes; J.P. Getty; B. Gerald Cantor; Orson Bean; Vivian Vance; Dr. Gerald B. Kara; Dr Kushner; Prince F. Naryishkin; Princess Brinda; The Maharani of Kapurthala; Austral Oil Co.; R.M. Stewart; Fred Picker; Adolph Aukkor; H. Bulova Henschel; Dr. Carlos Gonzalez; Dr. H. Giancarlo; Countess Taufkirchen; Tom Keating; Dennis Patrick, and others.
Who's Who in American Art; International Who's Who in Art and Antiques; Notable Americans of the Bicentennial Era; Who's Who in the East; Dictionary of International Biographies; Collectors Choice; Colorado Quarterly; American Artists; Special Program on DeChirico and Whyte, hosted by Kevin Sanders. Profile in Whyte, by John Angelini, N.J. Music and Arts. less
- 24.0ʺW × 4.0ʺD × 20.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Free Shipping in the continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Pasadena, CA
Pasadena Art Monkeys in Pasadena, CA
Welcome to Pasadena Art Monkeys ! ....our gallery is located at the Pasadena Antiques & Design, in ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.