Scandinavian Handwoven Rug - 2′6″ × 4′7″
A handmade Swedish rug, woven by an artisan, this rug is more than simple stripes. It is a play on ...
more A handmade Swedish rug, woven by an artisan, this rug is more than simple stripes. It is a play on texture by featuring short lines of different colors throughout the rug. This creates a lovely design and texture. The dark tones in the rug add a dimension and a strength which also makes the colors pop. Swedish blues and reds in varying tones are creatively woven within this piece.
This is a one-of-a-kind rug, designed by a highly skilled Swedish weaver on a wooden loom in the weaver's own home. The pattern is symmetrical yet with subtle and random differing characteristics which adds to a wholly original and casual design. Swedish rugs are known for their sophisticated color palettes featuring unexpected combinations of color and pattern.
The craft of weaving rugs has been an important cultural craft in Sweden for centuries. This rug is woven in the Tuscaft method. Swedish weavers are highly skilled and this tightly woven rug will last for many years to come and only gets better with age. This rug is reversible! It is also washable in cold water and lay flat to dry.
Swedish rugs are perfect for everywhere in the home. Whether used as a focal point in an interior design, a useful rug in the kitchen, a lovely accent in a nursery, hallway or better yet, buy what you love and you will find the perfect spot, and then move it to another perfect spot when the mood strikes. less
- 2′6″ × 4′7″ and 0.25″ thick
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $49
- Free Local Pickup in Huntington, NY
SCANDINAVIAN MADE in Huntington, NY
We at SCANDINAVIAN MADE are passionate about the beauty and HISTORY of HANDWOVEN Swedish rugs ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.