1950s Vintage Handmade Persian Tabriz Rug - 4'4" X 7'2"
Vintage Persian Tabriz rug in original condition. The rug made in deep brown shade for the background with medallion in ...
moreVintage Persian Tabriz rug in original condition. The rug made in deep brown shade for the background with medallion in the center and floral decorations around. The border is in bright orange and burgundy colors. The rug is in good original condition. Quite heavy and thick.
Different types of carpets were made here, including pile and flat-weave, with simple and complex composition. The carpet making art was passed on from generation to generation and was considered the most valued heirloom. The traditional topics for the Tabriz carpets are the ornamental patterns, with the following dominant background colors: cream, red or navy blue. The most typical for this school are rugs and carpets grouped under the common name “Lachak turanj”. In the middle of the center field and in the corners of the carpet (“lachak”-triangle) there are “turanj”-Citron). The turanj in the center of the carpet is a symbol of the Moon, and the pattern formed by lozenges with the toothed leaves on the edges symbolizes the scales of the fish, which rise to the surface of the water at midnight to admire the Moon reflection. The origin of this composition dates back to the 9th-10th centuries. Often the topics for the Tabriz carpets are drawn from the works of the great Oriental poets. The carpets often depict the scenes of falconry or images of a ferocious lion. Well known are also Tabriz carpet-pictures with images of fragments of palaces and mosques, scenes of battles. Often, in creation of this or that ornamental pattern carpet weavers were inspired by the hand-painted covers of ancient books.
-condition: original good,
-size: 4.4' x 7.2' ( 135cm x 220cm),
-country of origin: Iran,
-background colors: deep brown, bright orange, burgundy, beige, pink. less
- 4′4″ × 7′2″ and 0.25″ thick
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
One Royal Art in New York, NY
We offer the most exquisite and unique rugs from around the world. Our rugs originate ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Accent Rugs
- Artisan Rugs
- Aztec Rugs
- Berber Area Rugs
- Berber Rugs
- Black Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Black and White Area Rugs
- Black and White Rugs
- Braided Rugs
- Bright Floral Rugs
- Chevron Rugs
- Christmas Rugs
- Colorful Rugs
- Cow Hide Rugs
- Denim Rugs
- Diamond Rugs
- Extra Large Rugs
- Faux Hide Rugs
- Flat Weave Rugs
- Flat Woven Rugs
- Floral Rugs
- Frige Rugs
- Geometric Area Rugs
- Geometric Rugs
- Hand Woven Rugs
- Herringbone Rugs
- Indoor Rugs
- Islamic Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Jaipur Rugs
- Jute Rugs
- Karastan Rugs
- Kilim Rugs
- Large Rugs
- Leopard Rugs
- Luxury Rugs
- Mandala Rugs
- Medallion Rugs
- Microfiber Rugs
- Multicolor Rugs
- Non Slip Rugs
- Orange Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Outdoor Rugs
- Oval Braided Rugs
- Oval Rugs
- Patchwork Rugs
- Persian Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Plush Rugs
- Rag Rugs
- Rectangular Rugs
- Round Area Rugs
- Round Floral Rugs
- Round Jute Rugs
- Round Rugs
- Round Shag Rugs
- Shag Rugs
- Shaggy Area Rugs
- Sheepskin Rugs
- Silk Rugs
- Small Rugs
- Soft Area Rugs
- Soft Rugs
- Star Rugs
- Striped Rugs
- Striped Runner Rugs
- Tapestry Rugs
- Textile Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Textured Rugs
- Tibetan Rugs
- Wool Rugs
- Wool Runner Rugs
- Wool Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Zebra Print Rugs
- Zebra Rugs
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.